In The Judicial Authority of The Dubai International Centre
Practice Direction No 4 of 2008 Urgent Applications
This Practice Direction will come into effect on the date of issue. It may be cited as Practice Direction 4 of 2008 — Urgent Applications and may be abbreviated to PD 4/2008.
1. This Practice Direction should be read in conjunction with the Rules of the DIFC Courts and in particular RDC Parts 2
(calculation of time), 3
2. Upon an application under the urgent applications procedure set out in RDC 25.11
, the Court may consist of a resident Judge and the Registrar sitting together.
3. When acting under the procedure set out in this Practice Direction, the Court shall set a Return Date for the hearing of the application before a Judge sitting alone, which shall not be later than three days from the date upon which the interim order is issued.
4. Urgent applications can be made between 10:00am and 5:00pm (in Dubai) by telephoning the Courts on +97144273333 and asking to be put in touch with the Registrar or Deputy Registrar. It should be stated that the call is in relation to an urgent application. Where an urgent application is to be made outside those hours, the applicant should telephone the DIFC Courts’ emergency number on +97144273331 and appropriate arrangements will be made.
5. Nothing in this Practice Direction shall be construed as affecting any rules or enactments relating to jurisdiction and in particular RDC 3.4
and RDC 25.4
Chief Justice of the DIFC Courts
Dated: 15th of December 2008