Claim No: CFI 011/2009
THE JUDICIAL AUTHORITY OF THE DUBAI INTERNATIONAL FINANCIAL CENTRE
IN THE COURT OF FIRST INSTANCE
|AMARJEET SINGH DHIR||Applicant|
(1) WATERFRONT PROPERTY INVESTMENT LIMITEDFirst Respondent-and-
(2) LINARUS FZESecond Respondent
ORDER OF DEPUTY CHIEF JUSTICE MICHAEL HWANG
MADE ON 11 JUNE 2009
Before the Honourable Deputy Chief Justice Michael Hwang on 26 May 2009
UPON the application of the Applicant Amarjeet Singh Dhir made on 15 April 2009;
UPON reading the affidavits on the court file and reviewing the evidence and proceedings to date; and
UPON considering the oral and written submissions of Counsel for the Applicant and Counsel for the Respondents:
IT IS ORDERED THAT:
1. The Freezing Order made on 23 April 2009 (‘the Freezing Order’) be discharged with immediate effect.
2. The Applicant shall pay the First and Second Respondents’ costs in relation to the Freezing Order to be assessed if not agreed.
3. The Respondents shall have leave to bring an application for an inquiry as to damages pursuant to Schedule B (1) of the Freezing Order.
4. The Applicant will immediately take all reasonable steps to inform in writing anyone to whom he has given notice of this Order, or who he has reasonable grounds for supposing may act upon this Order, that it has ceased to have effect.
5. This Order is stayed in order to give the Applicant time to file a formal application for leave to appeal and a stay pending appeal. (the ‘Stay Application’). The Stay Application must be filed by 15 June 2009, failing which this Order will come into effect on 16 June 2009. If the Stay Application is filed, this Order will be stayed until the hearing of the Stay Application and parties should file written submissions by 19 June 2009. The Court will decide any Stay Application filed on the basis of written submissions.
Date of Issue: 11 June 2009
The Dispute Resolution Authority and all its affiliates are committed to preserve the confidentiality, integrity and availability of client data and personal information.
Dispute Resolution Authority and all its affiliates employees, vendors, contract workers, shall follow Information Security Management System in all the processes and technology.