Claim No. CFI 008/2011, CFI 009/2011, CFI 010/2011, CFI 014/2011, CFI 015/2011 CFI 016/2011, CFI 017/2011, CFI 018/2011, CFI 019/2011
THE DUBAI INTERNATIONAL FINANCIAL CENTRE COURTS
IN THE COURT OF FIRST INSTANCE
(1) DUBAI INTERNATIONAL FINANCIAL CENTRE
(2) DUBAI INTERNATIONAL FINANCIAL CENTRE AUTHORITY
ORDER OF JUSTICE SIR JOHN CHADWICK
MADE ON 22 JUNE 2011
UPON reading the Order made on 7 June 2011
AND UPON hearing counsel for the Defendants, the Claimant not appearing
IT IS HEREBY ORDERED THAT:
1. The Order of 7 June 2011 is varied by the substitution for the words in parenthesis in paragraph 1 thereof of the following words “excluding the application 026/2011 currently before Justice David Williams in Claim CFI 026/2010”.
2. The Claimant’s application under Notice 31/2011 is dismissed.
3. Claim CFI 015/2011 is struck out as an abuse of the Courts’ process.
4. Claims CFI 017/2011, CFI 018/2011 and CFI 019/2011 are struck out as an abuse of the Courts’ process.
5. Application 028/2011 made in Claim CFI 026/2010 is struck out as an abuse of the Courts’ process.
6. All proceedings in relation to claims CFI 008/2011, CFI 009/2011, CFI 010/2011, CFI 014/2011 and CFI 016/2011 are stayed pending the judgment of Justice David Williams in the matter of CFI 026/2010 and his decision in relation to Application Notice No 26/2011 in that matter.
7. Pending the judgment of Justice David Williams in the matter of CFI 026/2010 and his decision in relation to Application No. 026/2011, the Claimant is restrained from issuing any further applications or claims in relation to matters covered by Claim CFI 026/2010 or otherwise in relation to matters arising out of or relating to claim CFI 007/2008, without first obtaining the permission of a single Judge of the DIFC Courts. Any request for such permission shall not be served on the Defendants. The Defendants are not required to take any step in response to any application served upon them unless it is accompanied by an Order granting permission under this Order.
8. Any decision of a single Judge of the DIFC Courts made in relation to a request for permission under paragraph 7 above, shall be final and there shall be no appeal from the grant or refusal of such permission.
9. The Claimant shall be entitled to make an application, upon seven days’ notice to the DIFC Courts and to the Defendants, for the discharge or variation of this order.
10. The Claimant is to pay the Defendants their costs in relation to claims CFI 017/2011, CFI 018/2011 and CFI 019/2011. Directions as to the assessment of such costs are stood over until after the delivery of the judgment of Justice David Williams in the matter of claim CFI 026/2010.
Date: 26 June 2011