In exercise of the powers conferred on me by Article 8(3)(a) of Dubai Law No. 9 of 2004, as amended; and
after having reviewed:
Dubai Law No. 9 of 2004 in respect of the DIFC;
Dubai Law No.12 of 2004 in respect of the Judicial Authority at the DIFC;
DIFC Law No. 10 of 2004 in respect of the DIFC Court Law;
DIFC Order No.1 of 2007 in respect of the Rules of the DIFC Court;
Dubai Law No. 7 of 2011 Amending Certain Provisions of Dubai Law No. 9 of 2004 in respect of the DIFC; and
following a one-month public consultation period,
I, Michael Hwang, Chief Justice of the DIFC Courts, make the following Order:
1. This Order may be cited as the Rules of Court 2011 Order No. 2 of 2011.
2. By this Order, I issue the attached Rules of the DIFC Courts 2011 (the “Rules”). The Rules may be cited as “The Rules of the DIFC Courts 2011” and may be abbreviated as “RDC 2011”.
3. Subject to the provisions of this Order, the Rules of the DIFC Courts in force prior to 1 September 2011 are repealed.
4. Subject to this Order, the Rules shall have effect in relation to all proceedings in the Small Claims Tribunal, the Court of First Instance and the Court of Appeal, insofar as the matters to which the Rules relate are within the jurisdiction of these Courts and, unless the relevant Court orders otherwise, shall apply to any pending proceedings.
5. The Rules will come into force on 1 September 2011. Any Order of Court made under the repealed Rules of the DIFC Courts and in force immediately before 1 September 2011 shall, so far as it is not inconsistent with the provisions of the Rules, continue to be in force as if made under the Rules until it is revoked or repealed by a subsequent Order of Court made under the Rules.
Chief Justice of the DIFC Courts
Issued: 26 July 2011
The Dispute Resolution Authority and all its affiliates are committed to preserve the confidentiality, integrity and availability of client data and personal information.
Dispute Resolution Authority and all its affiliates employees, vendors, contract workers, shall follow Information Security Management System in all the processes and technology.