Claim No: CFI 001/2012
THE DUBAI INTERNATIONAL FINANCIAL CENTRE COURTS
IN THE COURT OF FIRST INSTANCE
BEFORE H.E. JUSTICE OMAR AL MUHAIRI
|YAHYA AL SHAYKH
CASE MANAGEMENT ORDER OF H.E. JUSTICE OMAR AL MUHAIRI
UPON reviewing the Court file
AND UPON reading the Case Management Bundle
AND UPON hearing Claimant in person and Defendant counsel at the Case Management Conference held on 13 June 2012
IT IS HEREBY ORDERED THAT:
Production of Documents
1. Standard production of documents to be made by each party on or before 4pm 5 July 2012. [RDC 2011 Rule 28.6
2. Parties to file and serve any Request to Produce on or before 4pm 12 July 2012. [RDC 28.13
3. Objections to Requests to Produce (if any) shall be filed and served within 7 days thereafter and in any event not later than 4pm on 19 July 2012. [RDC 28. 16
4. Where objections to any Requests to Produce have been made, the Court will determine those objections and will make any disclosure order within the following 7 days and in any event not later than 26 July 2012. [RDC 28.20
5. The parties shall comply with the terms of any disclosure order within 7 days thereafter and in any event not later than 3 August 2012. [RDC 28.22
6. Where there are no objections to a particular Request contained in a Request to Produce, documents responsive to that request shall be produced within 7 days from the date of the Request to Produce, and in any event not later than 19 July 2012. [RDC 28.15
7. The Claimant to nominate witnesses in support of its case by 4pm 18 June 2012.
8. The Defendant to nominate witnesses in support of its case by 4pm 21 June 2012.
9. Signed statements of witnesses of fact, and hearsay notices where required by [RDC 29.2
inclusive] to be exchanged not later than 4pm 23 August 2012.
10. Any Witness Statement evidence in reply to be filed and served within 7 days thereafter and in any event not later than 4pm 30 August 2012.
Progress Monitoring Date
11. Parties to send the Registrar (with copy to all other parties) a Progress Monitoring Information Sheet within 7 days from the filing of any witness statement evidence in reply and in any event no later than 4pm 6 September 2012. [RDC 26.60
12. A pre-trial review is to be listed for 12 September 2012, subject to confirmation by the Courts. [RDC 26.76
15. Agreed trial bundles to be completed in accordance with Part 35
of the RDC and lodged by not later than 2 weeks before trial [RDC 35.33
16. A single reading list approved by all parties’ legal representatives for trial to be lodged with the Registry not later than 2 days before fixed trial date, together with an estimate of time required for reading. [RDC 35.50
Skeleton Argument, Opening Statements and Chronology
17. Skeleton Arguments and Written Opening Statements to be served on all other parties and lodged with the Court – two days before the start of trial for the Claimant and one day before the start of trial for the Defendant. [RDC 35.61
18. Parties to prepare a Chronology of significant events cross-referenced to significant documents, pleadings and witness statements to be agreed, insofar as possible, and to be filed 1 week before trial. [RDC 35.63
19. The trial of this matter is to take place on 17 October 2012, subject to confirmation by the Courts. With an estimated duration of one and a half days.
20. Costs in the Case.
21. Liberty to apply.
H.E. Justice Omar Al Muhairi
Date of issue: 14 June 2012
At: [ ] am/pm