CLAIM NO: CFI 027/2012
THE DUBAI INTERNATIONAL FINANCIAL CENTRE COURTS
IN THE COURT OF FIRST INSTANCE
BEFORE H.E. JUSTICE ALI AL MADHANI
|CHRISTOPHER JAMES MCDUFF
KBH KAANUUN LIMITEDDefendant
ORDER OF H.E. JUSTICE ALI AL MADHANI
UPON reviewing the Court file;
AND UPON reading the Case Management Bundle;
AND UPON hearing counsel at the Case Management Conference held on 21 February 2012;
IT IS HEREBY ORDERED THAT:
Production of Documents
1. Standard production of documents be filed and served by each party on or before 7 March 2013.
2. Parties to file and serve any Request to Produce on or before 14 March 2013.
3. Objections to Requests to Produce (if any) shall be filed and served on or before the 28 March 2013.
4. Where objections to any Requests to Produce have been made, the Court will determine those objections on the papers and will make any disclosure order within 14 days and in any event not later than 11 April 2013.
5. The parties shall comply with the terms of any disclosure order within 7 days thereafter and in any event not later than 18 April 2013.
6. Where there are no objections to a particular Request contained in a Request to Produce, documents responsive to that request shall be produced by no later than 11 April 2013.
7. Signed statements of witnesses of fact, and hearsay notices are required to be exchanged 3 weeks following the close of the disclosure stage, and in any event not later than 1 May 2013.
8. Any Witness Statement evidence in reply to be filed and served not later than 16 May 2013.
Progress Monitoring Date
9. Fixed for 11 am on 6 June 2013.
10. Parties to send the Registrar (with copy to all other parties) a Progress Monitoring Information Sheet (at least 2 clear days before progress monitoring date).
11. Agreed trial bundles to be completed in accordance with Part 35
of the RDC and lodged with the Registry by no later than 3pm on 23 June 2013.
12. A single reading list approved by all parties’ legal representatives for trial to be lodged with the Registry not later than 2 days before fixed trial date, together with an estimate of time required for reading.
Skeleton Argument, Opening Statements and Chronology
13. Skeleton Arguments and Written Opening Statements to be served on all other parties and lodged with the Registry — 2 days before the start of trial for the Claimant and 1 day before the start of trial for the Defendant.
14. Parties to prepare a Chronology of significant events cross-referenced to significant documents, pleadings and witness statements to be agreed, insofar as possible, and to be filed 1 week before trial.
15. The trial of this matter is to commence on 7 July 2013 and is listed for two days.
16. Costs in the Case.
17. Liberty to apply.
Date: 25 February 2013
At: 4 pm