Claim No: CFI 006/2013
THE DUBAI INTERNATIONAL FINANCIAL CENTRE COURTS
IN THE COURT OF FIRST INSTANCE
BEFORE H.E. JUSTICE ALI AL MADHANI
|(1) Sameer Al Aansari and
(2) Habib Ghawi
|andDaman Real Estate Capital Partners Limited
CASE MANAGEMENT ORDER
UPON reviewing the Court file
AND UPON reading the Case Management Bundle
AND UPON hearing counsel at the Case Management Conference held on 21 May 2013
IT IS HEREBY ORDERED [BY CONSENT] THAT:
Production of Documents
1. Standard production of documents to be made by each party on or before Tuesday, 18 June 2013
. [RDC 2011 Rule 28.6
2. Parties to file and serve any Request to Produce on or before Tuesday, 2 July 2013
3. Objections to Requests to Produce (if any) shall be filed and served within 7 days thereafter and in any event not later than Tuesday, 9 July 2013
. [RDC 28.16
4. Where objections to any Requests to Produce have been made, the Court will determine those objections and will make any disclosure order within the following 7 days and in any event not later than Tuesday, 16 July 2013
. [RDC 28.20
5. The parties shall comply with the terms of any disclosure order within 14 days thereafter and in any event not later than Tuesday, 30 July 2013
6. Where there are no objections to a particular Request contained in a Request to Produce, documents responsive to that request shall be produced within 14 days from the date of the Request to Produce, and in any event not later than Tuesday, 16 July 2013
7. Signed statements of witnesses of fact, and hearsay notices where required by [RDC 29.2
inclusive] to be exchanged 4 weeks
following the close of the disclosure stage.
8. Any Witness Statement evidence in reply to be filed and served within 2 weeks thereafter.
9. Unless otherwise ordered, Witness Statements are to stand as evidence in chief of the witness at trial.
10. A pre-trial review is to be listed not less than 28 days
after the close of witness evidence referred to at paragraph 8 above [RDC 26.76
— PTR normally takes place between 8 and 4 weeks before trial date].
11. The parties may agree, by notice to the Court, to dispense with the Pre-Trial Review.
12. Agreed trial bundles to be completed in accordance with Part 35
of the RDC and lodged by not later than 2 weeks
before trial [RDC 35.33
13. A single reading list approved by all parties’ legal representatives for trial to be lodged with the Registry not later than 2 days
before fixed trial date, together with an estimate of time required for reading. [RDC 35.50
Skeleton Argument, Opening Statements and Chronology
14. Skeleton Arguments and Written Opening Statements to be served on all other parties and lodged with the Court — two days before the start of trial for the Claimant and one day before the start of trial for the Defendant. [RDC 35.61
15. Parties to prepare a Chronology of significant events cross-referenced to significant documents, pleadings and witness statements to be agreed, insofar as possible, and to be filed 1 week
before trial. [RDC 35.63
16. Trial to be listed for 15 October 2013 with a 2 day time estimate.
17. [Costs in the Case].
18. Liberty to apply.
Nassir Al Nasser
Date of issue: 23 May 2013
At: 4:30 pm