Claim No. CFI 005/2013
THE DUBAI INTERNATIONAL FINANCIAL CENTRE COURTS
IN THE COURT OF FIRST INSTANCE
BEFORE H.E. JUSTICE ALI AL MADHANI
DAMAN REAL ESTATE PARTNERS LIMITED
CASE MANAGEMENT ORDER OF H.E. JUSTICE ALI AL MADHANI
UPON reviewing the Court file
AND UPON reading the Case Management Bundle
AND UPON hearing counsel at the Case Management Conference held on Monday, 3 June 2013
IT IS HEREBY ORDERED THAT:
Production of Documents
1. Standard production of documents to be made by each party on or before 4pm Wednesday, 17 July 2013
. [RDC 2011 Rule 28.6
2. Parties to file and serve any Request to Produce1
on or before 4pm Wednesday, 4 September 2013
. [RDC 28.13
3. Objections to Requests to Produce (if any) shall be filed and served within seven days thereafter and in any event not later than 4pm Wednesday, 11 September 2013. [RDC 28. 16]
4. Where objections to any Requests to Produce2
have been made, the Court will determine those objections and will make any disclosure order within the following seven days and in any event not later than 4pm Wednesday, 18 September 2013
. [RDC 28.20
5. The parties shall comply with the terms of any disclosure order within  days thereafter and in any event not later than 4pm, Wednesday 2 October 2013
. [RDC 28.22
6. Where there are no objections to a particular Request contained in a Request to Produce, documents responsive to that request shall be produced within 14 days from the date of the Request to Produce, and in any event not later than 4pm Wednesday,18 September 2013
. [RDC 28.15
7. Signed statements of witnesses of fact, and hearsay notices where required by [RDC 29.2
inclusive] to be exchanged 10 weeks following the close of the disclosure stage, and in any event not later than 4pm Wednesday, 25 September 2013
8. Any Witness Statement evidence in reply to be filed and served within two weeks thereafter and in any event not later than 4pm Wednesday, 9 October 2013.
9. Unless otherwise ordered, Witness Statements are to stand as evidence in chief of the witness at trial.
10. A pre-trial review is to be listed on 4pm Tuesday, 12 of November 2013.
15. Agreed Trial Bundles to be completed in accordance with Part 35
of the RDC and lodged by not later than two weeks before trial [RDC 35.33
16. A single reading list approved by all parties’ legal representatives for trial to be lodged with the Registry not later than two days before fixed trial date, together with an estimate of time required for reading. [RDC 35.50
Skeleton Argument, Opening Statements and Chronology
17. Skeleton Arguments and Written Opening Statements to be served on all other parties and lodged with the Court — two days before the start of trial for the Claimant and one day before the start of trial for the Defendant. [RDC 35.61
18. Parties to prepare a Chronology of significant events cross-referenced to significant documents, pleadings and witness statements to be agreed, insofar as possible, and to be filed 1 week before trial. [RDC 35.63
19. The trial of this matter is to take place not before 5 December 2013 with an estimated duration of two days.
20. Costs in the Case.
21. Liberty to apply.
H.E. Justice Ali Al Madhani
Date of Issue: 10 June 2013
1 The use of Redfern schedules is encouraged
2 The Court may decide that a hearing is/is not necessary in the circumstances