Claim No: CFI 027/2013
THE DUBAI INTERNATIONAL FINANCIAL CENTRE COURTS
IN THE COURT OF FIRST INSTANCE
BEFORE H.E JUSTICE SHAMLAN AL SAWALEHI
BGC BROKERS L.P
CASE MANAGEMENT ORDER OF H.E JUSTICE SHAMLAN AL SAWALEHI
UPON reviewing the Court file
AND UPON reading the Case Management Bundle
[AND UPON hearing counsel at the Case Management Conference held on 27 May 2014.
IT IS HEREBY ORDERED BY CONSENT THAT:
1. Request for Further Information (RFI’s), If any, to be served by the parties by 4pm on Tuesday, 10 June 2014
2. Response to RFI’s is to be served by 4pm on Tuesday, 8 July 2014.
Order for Justice by Reconciliation
3. On or before Tuesday, 15 July 2014 the parties shall exchange lists of three neutral individuals who are available to conduct Justice by reconciliation procedures in this case prior to the production of documents.
4. On or before Tuesday, 22 July 2014 the parties shall in good faith endeavor to agree neutral individual from the lists so exchanged and provided.
Production of Documents
5. Standard production of documents to be made by each party on or before 4pm on Tuesday, 24 August 2014. [RDC 2011 Rule 28.6]
6. Parties to file and serve any Request to produce on or before 4pm on Tuesday, 16 September 2014 [RDC 28.13]
7. Objections to Requests to produce (If any) shall be filed and served within 14 days thereafter and in any event not later than 4pm on Tuesday, 30 September 2014.[RDC 28.16]
8. Where there are no objections to a particular request contained in a Request to produce, documents responsive to that request shall be produced within 7 days from the date of the Request to Produce, and in any event not later than 4pm on Tuesday, 21 October 2014.[RDC 28.15]
9. Where objections to any Requests to Produce have been made, the Court will determine those objections and will make any disclosure order within the following 14 days and in any event not later than 4pm on Tuesday, 21 October 2014. [RDC 28.20]
10. The parties shall comply with the terms of any disclosure order within 14 days thereafter and in any event not later than 4pm on Tuesday, 4 November 2014 [RDC 28.22]
11. Signed statements of witnesses of fact and hearsay notices where required by [RDC 29.2 and 29.103 to 29.105 inclusive] to be exchanged 2 weeks following the close of the disclosure stage and in any event not later than 4pm on Tuesday, 9 December 2014.
12. Any Witness statement evidence in reply to be filed and served within 3 weeks thereafter and in any event not later than 4pm on Tuesday, 9 December 2014.
13. Unless otherwise ordered, Witness Statements are to stand as evidence in chief of the witness at trial.
Pre Trial Review
14. A pre trial review is to be listed not before the week commencing 11 January 2015.
15. Agreed trial bundles to be completed in accordance with Part 35 of the RDC and lodged by not later than 2 weeks before trial.[RDC 35.33]
16. A single reading list approved by all parties legal representatives for trial to be lodged with the Registry not later than 2 days before fixed trial date, together with an estimate of time required for reading.[RDC 35.50]
Skeleton Argument, Opening Statements and Chronology
17. Skeleton Arguments and written Opening Statements to be served on all other parties and lodged with the Court – two days before the start of Trial for the claimant and one day before the start of trial for the Defendant.[RDC 35.61]
18. Parties to prepare a Chronology of significant events cross- referenced to significant documents, pleadings and witness statements to be agreed , insofar as possible, and to be filed 1 week before trial.[RDC 35.63]
19. The trial of this matter is to take place not before 25 January 2015 with an estimated duration of 2-4 days.
20. Costs in the case
21. Liberty to apply
Nassir Al Nasser
Date of Issue: 02 June 2014
At: 9:00 am