Claim No. CFI 027/2013
THE DUBAI INTERNATIONAL FINANCIAL CENTRE COURTS
IN THE COURT OF FIRST INSTANCE
BEFORE H.E. JUSTICE SHAMLAN AL SAWALEHI
BGC BROKERS L.P.
AMENDED CASE MANAGEMENT ORDER OF H.E. JUSTICE SHAMLAN AL SAWALEHI
UPON reviewing the Court file
AND UPON reading the Case Management Bundle
AND UPON hearing counsel at the Case Management Conference held on 27 May 2014.
IT IS HEREBY ORDERED THAT:
1. Requests for Further Information (RFIs), if any, to be served by the Parties by 4pm on Tuesday, 10 June 2014.
2. Responses to RFIs to be served by 4pm on Tuesday, 8 July 2014.
Order for Justice by Reconciliation
3. On or before Tuesday, 15 July 2014 the parties shall exchange lists of three neutral individuals who are available to conduct justice by reconciliation procedures in this case prior to the production of documents.
4. On or before Tuesday, 22 July 2014 the parties shall in good faith endeavour to agree a neutral individual from the lists so exchanged and provided.
Production of Documents
5. Standard production of documents to be made by each party on or before 4pm on Sunday, 24 August 2014. [RDC 2011 Rule 28.6]
6. The Parties to file and serve any Requests to Produce (RTP) by 4pm on Tuesday, 16 September 2014. [RDC 28.13]
7. Objections to RTP (if any) shall be filed and served by no later than 4pm on Tuesday, 30 September 2014. [RDC 28.16]
8. Where there are no objections to a particular request contained in a RTP, the Parties are to produce documents responsive to that request
by 4pm on Tuesday, 7 October 2014. [RDC 28.15]
9. Where objections to any RTPs have been made, the Court will determine those objections and will make any disclosure order by 4pm on Tuesday, 21 October 2014. [RDC 28.20]
10. The parties shall comply with the terms of any disclosure order by 4pm on Tuesday, 4 November 2014. [RDC 28.22]
11. Signed statements of witnesses of fact, and hearsay notices where required by [RDC 29.2 and 29.103 to 29.105 inclusive] to be filed and served by the Parties by 4pm on Tuesday, 18 November 2014.
12. Any Witness Statement evidence in reply to be filed and served by 4pm on Tuesday, 9 December 2014.
13. Unless otherwise ordered, Witness Statements are to stand as evidence in chief of the witness at trial.
14. A pre-trial review is to be listed not before week commencing 11 January 2015.
15. Agreed trial bundles to be completed in accordance with Part 35 of the RDC and lodged by not later than 2 weeks before trial [RDC 35.33].
16. A single reading list approved by all parties’ legal representatives for trial to be lodged with the Registry not later than 2 days before fixed trial date, together with an estimate of time required for reading. [RDC 35.50].
Skeleton Argument, Opening Statements and Chronology
17. Skeleton Arguments and Written Opening Statements to be served on all other parties and lodged with the Court — two days before the start of trial for the Claimant and one day before the start of trial for the Defendant. [RDC 35.61]
18. Parties to prepare a Chronology of significant events cross-referenced to significant documents, pleadings and witness statements to be agreed, insofar as possible, and to be filed 1 week before trial. [RDC 35.63].
19. The trial of this matter is to take place not before 25 January 2015 with an estimated duration of 2–4 days.
20. Costs in the Case.
21. Liberty to apply.
Nassir Al Nasser
Date: 20 July 2014