Claim No: CFI-019-2013
THE DUBAI INTERNATIONAL FINANCIAL CENTRE COURTS
IN THE COURT OF FIRST INSTANCE
(1) ROBERTO’S CLUB LLC
(2) EMAIN KADRIE
PAOLO ROBERTO RELLA
ORDER OF THE DEPUTY CHIEF JUSTICE SIR JOHN CHADWICK MADE ON 10 NOVEMBER 2014
UPON hearing counsel for the Claimants and counsel for the Defendant at the trial on 18 to 20 May 2014 and 22 May 2014
AND UPON reading the submissions and evidence filed and recorded on the case file
AND UPON this matter coming before the Court for judgment on 28 October 2014
AND UPON hearing counsel for the Claimants and counsel for the Defendant on matters arising from the judgment delivered on 28 October 2014
IT IS HEREBY ORDERED THAT:
1. The Defendant shall transfer to the Second Claimant 340 of the shares in Roberto’s Club LLC now registered in his name within 14 days of the date of this Order.
2. The Defendant shall repay to the Second Claimant USD 56,667 in respect of the monies advanced to him in 2010 within 14 days of the date of this Order.
3. The Defendant shall repay to the First Claimant, within 14 days of the date of this Order:
(a) AED 41,041 in respect of advance rental payments; and
(b) AED 4,764 in respect of certain unpaid bills and expenses incurred by the Defendant
4. The Claimants’ claims for repayment of sums paid in respect of the Defendant’s medical expenses are dismissed.
5. All counterclaims made by the Defendant are dismissed.
6. For the avoidance of doubt, the order made by Deputy Chief Justice Sir John Chadwick on 31 December 2013 shall continue until further order.
7. The Defendant shall pay the Claimants’ costs, to be assessed on the standard basis if not agreed.
Date of Issue: 10 November 2014
The Dubai International Financial Centre and all its affiliates are committed to preserve the confidentiality, integrity and availability of client data and personal information.
Dubai International Financial Centre and all its affiliates employees, vendors, contract workers, shall follow Information Security Management System in all the processes and technology.
The content of the DIFC Courts website is provided for information purposes only and should be disregarded when making decisions on inheritance and any other matters. Whilst every reasonable effort is made to make the information and commentary accurate and up to date, the DIFC Courts makes no warranties or representations to you as to the accuracy, authenticity or completeness of the content on this website, which is subject to change at any time without notice. The information and commentary does not, and is not intended to, constitute legal advice by the DIFC Courts or any person employed or connected with it or formerly so employed or connected, to any person on any matter, be it in relation to inheritance, succession planning or otherwise. You are strongly advised to obtain specific, personal advice from a suitably qualified lawyer in relation to your personal circumstances and your objectives. The DIFC Courts does not assume any liability and shall not be liable to you for any damages, including but not limited to, direct or indirect, special, incidental or consequential damages, losses or expenses arising in connection with this website, its administration and any content or lack thereof found on it. The information on this web site is not to be displayed except in full screen format. Although care has been taken to provide links to suitable material from this site, no guarantee can be given about the suitability, completeness or accuracy of any of the material that this site may be linked to or other material on the internet. The DIFC Courts cannot accept any responsibility for the content of material that may be encountered therein.