Claim No: CFI-015-2014
THE DUBAI INTERNATIONAL FINANCIAL CENTRE COURTS
IN THE COURT OF FIRST INSTANCE
BEFORE H.E. JUSTICE OMAR AL MUHAIRI
MR ASIF HAKIM ADIL
FRONTLINE DEVELOPMENT PARTNERS LIMITED
Defendant/Part 21 Counterclaimant
CASE MANAGEMENT ORDER OF H. E. JUSTICE OMAR AL MUHAIRI
UPON reviewing the Court file
AND UPONreading the Case Management Bundle
AND UPON hearing counsel at the Case Management Conference held on 17 November 2014.
IT IS HEREBY ORDERED BY CONSENT THAT:
Production of Documents
1. Standard production of documents to be made by each party on or before 4pm on Monday, 15 December 2014.
2. Parties to file and serve any Request to Produce on or before 4pm on Thursday, 8 January 2015.
3. Objections to Requests to Produce (if any) shall be filed and served within 7 days thereafter and in any event not later than 4pm on Thursday, 15 January 2015.
4. Where objections to any Requests to Produce have been made, the Court will determine those objections and will make any disclosure order within the following 7 days and in any event not later than 4pm on Thursday, 22 January 2015.
5. The parties shall comply with the terms of any disclosure order within 14 days thereafter and in any event not later than 4pm on Thursday, 5 February 2015.
6. Where there are no objections to a particular Request contained in a Request to Produce, documents responsive to that request shall be produced within 14 days from the date of the Request to Produce, and in any event not later than 4pm on Thursday, 22 January 2015.
7. Signed statements of witnesses of fact, witness summaries and hearsay notices to be exchanged 6 weeks following the close of the disclosure stage, and in any event not later than 4pm on Thursday, 19 March 2015.
8. Any Witness Statement evidence and Witness Summary in reply to be filed and served within 2 weeks thereafter and in any event not later than 4pm on Thursday, 2 April 2015.
9. Unless otherwise ordered, Witness Statements are to stand as evidence in chief of the witness at trial.
Progress Monitoring Date
10. Fixed for Thursday, 9 April 2015.
11. Parties to send the Registrar (with copy to all other parties) a Progress Monitoring Information Sheet (at least 3 clear days before progress monitoring date).
12. A pre-trial review is to be listed not before 19 April 2015.
13. Agreed trial bundles to be completed in accordance with Part 35 of the RDC and lodged by not later 4pm on Sunday, 3 May 2015.
14. A single reading list approved by all parties’ legal representatives for trial to be lodged with the Registry not later than 2 days before fixed trial date, together with an estimate of time required for reading.
Skeleton Argument, Opening Statements and Chronology
15. Skeleton Arguments and Written Opening Statements to be served on all other parties and lodged with the Court – two days before the start of trial for the Claimant and one day before the start of trial for the Defendant.
16. Parties to prepare a Chronology of significant events cross-referenced to significant documents, pleadings and witness statements to be agreed, insofar as possible, and to be filed 1 week before trial.
17. The trial of this matter is to take place on the week commencing 17 May 2014 with an estimated duration of 5 days.
18. Costs in the Case.
19. Liberty to apply.
Nassir Al Nasser
Date of issue: 17 November 2014
The Dispute Resolution Authority and all its affiliates are committed to preserve the confidentiality, integrity and availability of client data and personal information.
Dispute Resolution Authority and all its affiliates employees, vendors, contract workers, shall follow Information Security Management System in all the processes and technology.