I, Michael Hwang, Chief Justice of the DIFC Courts, make the following Order:
In exercise of the powers conferred on me by Article 8(3)(a) of Dubai Law No. 9 of 2004, as amended; and
after having reviewed:
Dubai Law No. 9 of 2004 in respect of the DIFC; Dubai Law No. 12 of 2004 in respect of the Judicial Authority at the DIFC; DIFC Law No. 10 of 2004 in respect of the DIFC Courts Law; DIFC Order No. 1 of 2007 in respect of the Rules of the DIFC Courts; Dubai Law No. 7 of 2011 Amending Certain Provisions of Dubai Law No. 9 of 2004 in respect of the DIFC; and
following two one-month public consultation periods,
1. This Order may be cited as the Rules of Court 2014 Order No. 1 of 2014.
2. By this Order, I issue the attached Rules of the DIFC Courts 2014 (the “Rules”). The Rules may be cited as “The Rules of the DIFC Courts 2014” and may be abbreviated as “RDC 2014”.
3. Subject to the provisions of this Order, the Rules of the DIFC Courts in force prior to 7 April 2014 are repealed.
4. Subject to this Order, the Rules shall have effect in relation to all proceedings in the Small Claims Tribunal, the Court of First Instance and the Court of Appeal, insofar as the matters to which the Rules relate are within the jurisdiction of these Courts and, unless the relevant Court orders otherwise, shall apply to any pending proceedings.
5. The Rules will come into force on 7 April 2014. Any Order of Court made under the repealed Rules of the DIFC Courts and in force immediately before 7 April 2014 shall, so far as it is not inconsistent with the provisions of the Rules, continue to be in force as if made under the Rules until it is revoked or repealed by a subsequent Order of Court made under the Rules.
Michael Hwang Chief Justice of the DIFC Courts
Issued: 7 April 2014
The Dubai International Financial Centre and all its affiliates are committed to preserve the confidentiality, integrity and availability of client data and personal information.
Dubai International Financial Centre and all its affiliates employees, vendors, contract workers, shall follow Information Security Management System in all the processes and technology.
The content of the DIFC Courts website is provided for information purposes only and should be disregarded when making decisions on inheritance and any other matters. Whilst every reasonable effort is made to make the information and commentary accurate and up to date, the DIFC Courts makes no warranties or representations to you as to the accuracy, authenticity or completeness of the content on this website, which is subject to change at any time without notice. The information and commentary does not, and is not intended to, constitute legal advice by the DIFC Courts or any person employed or connected with it or formerly so employed or connected, to any person on any matter, be it in relation to inheritance, succession planning or otherwise. You are strongly advised to obtain specific, personal advice from a suitably qualified lawyer in relation to your personal circumstances and your objectives. The DIFC Courts does not assume any liability and shall not be liable to you for any damages, including but not limited to, direct or indirect, special, incidental or consequential damages, losses or expenses arising in connection with this website, its administration and any content or lack thereof found on it. The information on this web site is not to be displayed except in full screen format. Although care has been taken to provide links to suitable material from this site, no guarantee can be given about the suitability, completeness or accuracy of any of the material that this site may be linked to or other material on the internet. The DIFC Courts cannot accept any responsibility for the content of material that may be encountered therein.