Claim No: CFI-021-2015
THE DUBAI INTERNATIONAL FINANCIAL CENTRE COURTS
IN THE COURT OF FIRST INSTANCE
BEFORE H.E. JUSTICE ALI AL MADHANI
THERON ENTERTAINMENT LLC
MAG FINANCIAL SERVICES LLC
CASE MANAGEMENT ORDER OF H. E. JUSTICE ALI AL MADHANI
UPON reading the Case Management Bundle
AND UPON hearing Counsel for the Claimant and Counsel for the Defendant at the Case Management Conference held on 24 November 2015.
IT IS HEREBY ORDERED BY CONSENT THAT:
1. The parties will engage in settlement discussions in the period between 25 November 2015 and 17 December 2015.
Agreed List of Issues
2. Adjacent to each paragraph of each witness statement, reply witness statement (if any) and skeleton argument shall be inserted the issue or issues to which that paragraph relates as numbered in the Agreed List of Issues, in order for the Court to understand to which of the agreed issues that paragraph relates.
Production of Documents
3. Standard production of documents to be made by each party on or before 4pm on Thursday, 17 December 2015.
4. The parties to file and serve any Request to Produce by no later than 4pm on Monday, 11 January 2016.
5. The parties shall produce documents, to the extent they do not object to the Request to Produce, or file and serve Objections to Requests to Produce by no later than 4pm on Monday, 25 January 2016.
6. Where objections to any Requests to Produce have been made, the Court will determine those objections and will make any Disclosure Order within the following 10 days and in any event by no later than 4pm on Thursday, 4 February 2016.
7. The parties shall comply with the terms of any Disclosure Order within 14 days thereafter and in any event by no later than 4pm on Thursday, 18 February 2016.
8. Signed statements of witnesses of fact are to be exchanged by no later than 4pm on Monday, 14 March 2016.
9. Any witness statement in reply to be filed and served within 14 days thereafter and in any event by no later than 4pm on Monday, 28 March 2016.
Progress Monitoring Date
10. Parties to send the Registry (with copy to all other parties) a Progress Monitoring Information Sheet within 10 days from filing of any witness statement evidence in reply and in any event no later than 4pm on Thursday, 7 April 2016.
11. A pre-trial review is to be listed in April 2016.
12. Agreed trial bundles to be completed in accordance with Part 35 of the RDC and lodged by not later than 1 week before trial.
13. A single reading list approved by all parties’ legal representatives for trial to be lodged with the Registry not later than 2 clear days before fixed trial date, together with an estimate of time required for reading.
Skeleton Argument, Opening Statements and Chronology
14. Skeleton Arguments and Written Opening Statements to be served on all other parties and lodged with the Court 4 days before the start of the trial.
15. Parties to prepare a Chronology of significant events cross-referenced to significant documents, pleadings and witness statements to be agreed, insofar as possible, and to be filed together with the Skeleton Arguments.
16. The trial of this matter is to take place in May 2016 with an estimated duration of 2-3 days.
Date of issue: 7 December 2015
The Dubai International Financial Centre and all its affiliates are committed to preserve the confidentiality, integrity and availability of client data and personal information.
Dubai International Financial Centre and all its affiliates employees, vendors, contract workers, shall follow Information Security Management System in all the processes and technology.
The content of the DIFC Courts website is provided for information purposes only and should be disregarded when making decisions on inheritance and any other matters. Whilst every reasonable effort is made to make the information and commentary accurate and up to date, the DIFC Courts makes no warranties or representations to you as to the accuracy, authenticity or completeness of the content on this website, which is subject to change at any time without notice. The information and commentary does not, and is not intended to, constitute legal advice by the DIFC Courts or any person employed or connected with it or formerly so employed or connected, to any person on any matter, be it in relation to inheritance, succession planning or otherwise. You are strongly advised to obtain specific, personal advice from a suitably qualified lawyer in relation to your personal circumstances and your objectives. The DIFC Courts does not assume any liability and shall not be liable to you for any damages, including but not limited to, direct or indirect, special, incidental or consequential damages, losses or expenses arising in connection with this website, its administration and any content or lack thereof found on it. The information on this web site is not to be displayed except in full screen format. Although care has been taken to provide links to suitable material from this site, no guarantee can be given about the suitability, completeness or accuracy of any of the material that this site may be linked to or other material on the internet. The DIFC Courts cannot accept any responsibility for the content of material that may be encountered therein.