Claim No: CA-003-2015
THE DUBAI INTERNATIONAL FINANCIAL CENTRE COURTS
IN THE COURT OF APPEAL
(1) RAFED ABDEL MOHSEN BADER AL KHORAFI
(2) AMRAH ALI ABDEL LATIF AL HAMAD
(3) ALIA MOHAMED SULAIMAN AL RIFAI
(1) BANK SARASIN-ALPEN (ME) LIMITED
(2) BANK SARASIN & CO. LTD
ORDER OF THE COURT OF APPEAL
UPON the Judgment of the Court of Appeal dated 3 March 2016
AND UPON reviewing the parties’ submissions on costs dated 17 March 2016
IT IS HEREBY ORDERED THAT:
1.The Respondents are entitled to recover their costs of the appeal, the amount of which is to be assessed by the Registrar on a standard basis, if not agreed.
2. The Appellants shall be jointly and severally liable for 80% of Respondents’ costs of the appeal.
3. The Second Appellant shall be liable for the 20% balance of the Respondents’ costs.
4. Interest at 3 month EIBOR + 1% is recoverable on the costs, as assessed or agreed from 30 April 2016.
5. Both Appellants shall be jointly and severally liable for a payment on account of costs in the sum of USD 450,000, payable by 30 April 2016.
Date of issue: 12 April 2015
The Dispute Resolution Authority and all its affiliates are committed to preserve the confidentiality, integrity and availability of client data and personal information.
Dispute Resolution Authority and all its affiliates employees, vendors, contract workers, shall follow Information Security Management System in all the processes and technology.