Claim No: CFI 021/2015
THE DUBAI INTERNATIONAL FINANCIAL CENTRE COURTS
IN THE COURT OF FIRST INSTANCE
BEFORE H.E. JUSTICE ALI AL MADHANI
THERON ENTERTAINMENT LLC
MAG FINANCIAL SERVICES LLC
ORDER OF H.E. JUSTICE ALI AL MADHANI
UPON reviewing the Defendant’s Application No. CFI-021-2015/7 seeking permission to amend its Defence and Counterclaim and the Defendant’s Application No. CFI-021-2015/8 seeking security over costs (the “Applications”)
AND UPON the Claimant’s Application No. CFI-021-2015/9 seeking permission for the Claimant’s Witness Igor Krayushkin to give evidence at trial by video link.
AND UPON hearing Counsel for the Claimant and Counsel for the Defendant in the Pre-trial Review and hearing of the Applications on 25 April 2016
IT IS HEREBY ORDERED THAT
1.The Claimant shall take all reasonable steps to procure that Igor Krayushkin provide his evidence in person at the trial.
2. Igor Krayushkin be permitted to present evidence at trial by video link in the event that he is unable to enter the UAE by the time of the trial for visa issues, after taking all reasonable steps to do so in accordance with the above order.
3. The Defendant has permission to amend its Defence and Counterclaim in the form agreed between the parties at the hearing.
4. The Claimant has liberty to reply to the Defendant’s Amended Defence and Counterclaim in its skeleton argument for trial and in closing submissions.
5. The Claimant provide security for the Defendant’s costs in the amount of AED300,000, after having agreed to do so, by way of payment into Court within 5 days.
6. The trial timetable is approved in the form attached, annexed hereto as Schedule A.
7. The Defendant shall file and serve its skeleton argument on the Claimant by 4pm on 5 May 2016.
8. Costs be in the case.
Date of issue: 4 May 2016
The Dubai International Financial Centre and all its affiliates are committed to preserve the confidentiality, integrity and availability of client data and personal information.
Dubai International Financial Centre and all its affiliates employees, vendors, contract workers, shall follow Information Security Management System in all the processes and technology.
The content of the DIFC Courts website is provided for information purposes only and should be disregarded when making decisions on inheritance and any other matters. Whilst every reasonable effort is made to make the information and commentary accurate and up to date, the DIFC Courts makes no warranties or representations to you as to the accuracy, authenticity or completeness of the content on this website, which is subject to change at any time without notice. The information and commentary does not, and is not intended to, constitute legal advice by the DIFC Courts or any person employed or connected with it or formerly so employed or connected, to any person on any matter, be it in relation to inheritance, succession planning or otherwise. You are strongly advised to obtain specific, personal advice from a suitably qualified lawyer in relation to your personal circumstances and your objectives. The DIFC Courts does not assume any liability and shall not be liable to you for any damages, including but not limited to, direct or indirect, special, incidental or consequential damages, losses or expenses arising in connection with this website, its administration and any content or lack thereof found on it. The information on this web site is not to be displayed except in full screen format. Although care has been taken to provide links to suitable material from this site, no guarantee can be given about the suitability, completeness or accuracy of any of the material that this site may be linked to or other material on the internet. The DIFC Courts cannot accept any responsibility for the content of material that may be encountered therein.