Claim No: CFI-002-2016
THE DUBAI INTERNATIONAL FINANCIAL CENTRE COURTS
IN THE COURT OF FIRST INSTANCE
BEFORE H.E. JUSTICE SHAMLAN AL SAWALEHI
DAS REAL ESTATE OWNED AND REPRESENTED BY MUSSABEH SALEM MUSSABEH HUMAID AL MUHAIRI
NATIONAL BANK OF ABU DHABI PJSC
UPON reviewing the Claimant’s Application Notice CFI-002-2016/3 dated 12 December 2016 that certain key liability issues be determined by way of preliminary hearing (the “Claimant’s Application“), such application being consented to by the Defendant.
AND UPON reviewing the Court file and the Rules of the DIFC Courts (“RDC”)
IT IS HEREBY ORDERED THAT:
1. The Claimant’s Application is granted.
2. The Claimant’s Application having been granted, the parties shall proceed to the determination of certain key liability issues at a preliminary hearing on the basis set out below.
3. Signed statements of witnesses of fact, and hearsay notices where required by RDC 29.2 and 29.103 to 29.105 inclusive shall be filed and served by the parties by 4pm on Thursday 12 January 2017.
4. Any witness statement in reply shall be filed and served by the later of 4pm on Thursday 9 February 2017 or 4 weeks following the exchange of witness statements.
5. Unless otherwise ordered, witness statements shall stand as evidence in chief of the witness at the preliminary hearing.
6. Agreed hearing bundles shall be completed in accordance with Part 35 of the RDC and lodged by no later than 2 weeks before the preliminary hearing and by no later than 4pm on Monday 20 February 2017. [RDC 35.34]
7. A single reading list approved by all parties’ legal representatives for the preliminary hearing shall be lodged with the Registry, together with an estimate of time required for the hearing, by no later than two days before the start of the preliminary hearing, and in any event by no later than 4pm on Thursday 2 March 2017. [RDC 35.51]
Skeleton Arguments, Opening Statements and Chronology
8. Skelton Arguments and Written Opening Statements shall be served on all other parties and lodged with the Court five clear days before the start of the preliminary hearing for the Claimant, and in any event by no later than 2pm on Monday 27 February 2017 and two clear days before the start of the preliminary hearing for the Defendant, and in any event by no later than 2pm on Thursday 2 March 2017. [RDC 35.62].
9.The preliminary hearing shall commence on Tuesday 7 March 2017 with an estimated duration of 2-3 days.
10. Costs in the case.
11. Liberty to apply.
Date of issue: 29 January 2017
The Dubai International Financial Centre and all its affiliates are committed to preserve the confidentiality, integrity and availability of client data and personal information.
Dubai International Financial Centre and all its affiliates employees, vendors, contract workers, shall follow Information Security Management System in all the processes and technology.
The content of the DIFC Courts website is provided for information purposes only and should be disregarded when making decisions on inheritance and any other matters. Whilst every reasonable effort is made to make the information and commentary accurate and up to date, the DIFC Courts makes no warranties or representations to you as to the accuracy, authenticity or completeness of the content on this website, which is subject to change at any time without notice. The information and commentary does not, and is not intended to, constitute legal advice by the DIFC Courts or any person employed or connected with it or formerly so employed or connected, to any person on any matter, be it in relation to inheritance, succession planning or otherwise. You are strongly advised to obtain specific, personal advice from a suitably qualified lawyer in relation to your personal circumstances and your objectives. The DIFC Courts does not assume any liability and shall not be liable to you for any damages, including but not limited to, direct or indirect, special, incidental or consequential damages, losses or expenses arising in connection with this website, its administration and any content or lack thereof found on it. The information on this web site is not to be displayed except in full screen format. Although care has been taken to provide links to suitable material from this site, no guarantee can be given about the suitability, completeness or accuracy of any of the material that this site may be linked to or other material on the internet. The DIFC Courts cannot accept any responsibility for the content of material that may be encountered therein.