Claim No: CFI 048/2017
THE DUBAI INTERNATIONAL FINANCIAL CENTRE COURTS
IN THE COURT OF FIRST INSTANCE
BEFORE JUSTICE SIR JEREMY COOKE
SUNTECK LIFESTYLES LIMITED
(1) AL TAMIMI AND COMPANY LIMITED
(2) GRAND VALLEY GENERAL TRADING LLC
ORDER OF JUSTICE SIR JEREMY COOKE
UPON the Judgment of Justice Sir Jeremy Cooke dated 16 November 2017
AND UPON reviewing the correspondence received from the parties dated 19 November 2017 and 20 November 2017
IT IS HEREBY ORDERED THAT:
1.The Second Defendant shall pay the Claimant’s costs of the inter parties hearing on the standard basis to be the subject of detailed assessment if not agreed.
2. Costs of the ex parte application reserved.
3. Costs of the First Defendant reserved.
4. For the reasons given in the judgment, the Second Defendant should pay the Claimant’s costs of the inter parties hearing. The conduct was not such as to bring the notion of indemnity costs into play.
5. All other costs are reserved to await further determination, as reference to the ultimate merits of the application may affect the issue.
6. No Schedule of costs was served by the Claimant for immediate assessment at the hearing and it is best for any assessment now to be effected by the Registrar if there is no agreement on costs.
Date of issue: 10 January 2018
The Dubai International Financial Centre and all its affiliates are committed to preserve the confidentiality, integrity and availability of client data and personal information.
Dubai International Financial Centre and all its affiliates employees, vendors, contract workers, shall follow Information Security Management System in all the processes and technology.
The content of the DIFC Courts website is provided for information purposes only and should be disregarded when making decisions on inheritance and any other matters. Whilst every reasonable effort is made to make the information and commentary accurate and up to date, the DIFC Courts makes no warranties or representations to you as to the accuracy, authenticity or completeness of the content on this website, which is subject to change at any time without notice. The information and commentary does not, and is not intended to, constitute legal advice by the DIFC Courts or any person employed or connected with it or formerly so employed or connected, to any person on any matter, be it in relation to inheritance, succession planning or otherwise. You are strongly advised to obtain specific, personal advice from a suitably qualified lawyer in relation to your personal circumstances and your objectives. The DIFC Courts does not assume any liability and shall not be liable to you for any damages, including but not limited to, direct or indirect, special, incidental or consequential damages, losses or expenses arising in connection with this website, its administration and any content or lack thereof found on it. The information on this web site is not to be displayed except in full screen format. Although care has been taken to provide links to suitable material from this site, no guarantee can be given about the suitability, completeness or accuracy of any of the material that this site may be linked to or other material on the internet. The DIFC Courts cannot accept any responsibility for the content of material that may be encountered therein.