Claim No: CFI-027-2016
THE DUBAI INTERNATIONAL FINANCIAL CENTRE COURTS
IN THE COURT OF FIRST INSTANCE
(1) NEST INVESTMENTS HOLDING LEBANON S.A.L.
(2) JORDANIAN EXPATRIATES INVESTMENT HOLDING COMPANY
(3) QATAR GENERAL INSURANCE AND REINSURANCE COMPANY PJSC
(4) GHAZI KAMEL ABDUL RAHMAN ABU NAHL
(5) JAMAL KAMEL ABDUL RAHMAN ABU NAHL
(6) TRUST COMPASS INSURANCE S.A.L.
(7) TRUST INTERNATIONAL INSURANCE COMPANY (CYRPUS) LIMITED
(8) HIS EXCELLENCY SHEIKH NASSER BIN ALI BIN SAUD AL THANI
(9) FADI GHAZI ABU NAHL
(10) HAMAD GHAZI ABU NAHL
(11) KAMEL GHAZI ABU NAHL
DELOITTE & TOUCHE (M.E.)
MR JOSEPH EL FADL
UPON reviewing the Application Notice and the Notice of Appeal both filed by the Defendant on 5 March 2018 in respect of the Defendant’s application for permission to appeal against the judgment of Justice Roger Giles dated 12 February 2018 on the strike out and/or immediate judgment application (the “Appeal”)
AND UPON the agreement of the Claimants and the Respondent.
IT IS HEREBY ORDERED BY CONSENT THAT:
1.The Court grants permission pursuant to Rule 4.2(1) of the DIFC Courts Rules for the deadline for the Applicant to file its skeleton argument in support of the Appeal to be extended to 28 days after provision of a draft Re-Amended Particulars of Claim by the Claimants/Respondents.
2. The draft Re-Amended Particulars of Claim shall be provided by the Claimants on or before 29 April 2018.
3. The Appeal is stayed until the skeleton argument is served by the Defendant in accordance with paragraph 1 above.
4. After the provision of the draft Re-Amended Particulars of Claim by the Claimants/Respondents, the underlying proceedings are stayed pending determination of the Appeal.
5. There shall be no order as to costs.
Ayesha Bin Kalban
Date of issue: 3 April 2018
The Dubai International Financial Centre and all its affiliates are committed to preserve the confidentiality, integrity and availability of client data and personal information.
Dubai International Financial Centre and all its affiliates employees, vendors, contract workers, shall follow Information Security Management System in all the processes and technology.
The content of the DIFC Courts website is provided for information purposes only and should be disregarded when making decisions on inheritance and any other matters. Whilst every reasonable effort is made to make the information and commentary accurate and up to date, the DIFC Courts makes no warranties or representations to you as to the accuracy, authenticity or completeness of the content on this website, which is subject to change at any time without notice. The information and commentary does not, and is not intended to, constitute legal advice by the DIFC Courts or any person employed or connected with it or formerly so employed or connected, to any person on any matter, be it in relation to inheritance, succession planning or otherwise. You are strongly advised to obtain specific, personal advice from a suitably qualified lawyer in relation to your personal circumstances and your objectives. The DIFC Courts does not assume any liability and shall not be liable to you for any damages, including but not limited to, direct or indirect, special, incidental or consequential damages, losses or expenses arising in connection with this website, its administration and any content or lack thereof found on it. The information on this web site is not to be displayed except in full screen format. Although care has been taken to provide links to suitable material from this site, no guarantee can be given about the suitability, completeness or accuracy of any of the material that this site may be linked to or other material on the internet. The DIFC Courts cannot accept any responsibility for the content of material that may be encountered therein.