Claim No: CFI-027-2016
THE DUBAI INTERNATIONAL FINANCIAL CENTRE COURTS
IN THE COURT OF FIRST INSTANCE
(1) NEST INVESTMENTS HOLDING LEBANON S.A.L.
(2) JORDANIAN EXPATRIATES INVESTMENT HOLDING COMPANY
(3) QATAR GENERAL INSURANCE AND REINSURANCE COMPANY PJSC
(4) GHAZI KAMEL ABDUL RAHMAN ABU NAHL
(5) JAMAL KAMEL ABDUL RAHMAN ABU NAHL
(6) TRUST COMPASS INSURANCE S.A.L.
(7) TRUST INTERNATIONAL INSURANCE COMPANY (CYRPUS) LIMITED
(8) HIS EXCELLENCY SHEIKH NASSER BIN ALI BIN SAUD AL THANI
(9) FADI GHAZI ABU NAHL
(10) HAMAD GHAZI ABU NAHL
(11) KAMEL GHAZI ABU NAHL
DELOITTE & TOUCHE (M.E.)
MR JOSEPH EL FADL
UPON reviewing the Application Notice and the Notice of Appeal both filed by the Defendant on 5 March 2018 in respect of the Defendant’s application for permission to appeal against the judgment of Justice Roger Giles dated 12 February 2018 on the strike out and/or immediate judgment application (the “Appeal”)
AND UPON the agreement of the Claimants and the Respondent.
IT IS HEREBY ORDERED BY CONSENT THAT:
1.The Court grants permission pursuant to Rule 4.2(1) of the DIFC Court Rules for the deadline for the Applicant to file its skeleton argument in support of the Appeal to be extended to 28 days after provision of a draft Re-Amended Particulars of Claim by the Claimants/Respondents.
2. The draft Re-Amended Particulars of Claim shall be provided by the Claimants on or before 29 April 2018.
3. The Appeal is stayed until the skeleton argument is served by the Defendant in accordance with paragraph 1 above.
4. After the provision of the draft Re-Amended Particulars of Claim by the Claimants/Respondents, the underlying proceedings are stayed pending determination of the Appeal.
5. There shall be no order as to costs.
Ayesha Bin Kalban
Date of issue: 3 April 2018
The Dispute Resolution Authority and all its affiliates are committed to preserve the confidentiality, integrity and availability of client data and personal information.
Dispute Resolution Authority and all its affiliates employees, vendors, contract workers, shall follow Information Security Management System in all the processes and technology.