Claim No. CFI 015/2018
IN THE DUBAI INTERNATIONAL FINANCIAL CENTRE COURTS
THE COURT OF FIRST INSTANCE
(1) ED&F MAN CAPITAL MARKETS MENA LIMITED
(2) ED&F MAN CAPITAL MARKETS LIMITED
(1) SAYYED HUSSAIN
(2) RJ O’BRIEN MENA CAPITAL LIMITED
(3) STEPHEN GHALLAMI
IF YOU (1) SAYYED HUSSAIN, (2) RJ O’BRIEN MENA CAPITAL LIMITED; (3) STEPHEN GHALLAMI DISOBEY YOUR UNDERTAKINGS YOU MAY BE HELD TO BE IN CONTEMPT OF COURT AND MAY BE IMPRISONED, FINED OR HAVE YOUR ASSETS SEIZED.
ANY PERSON WHO KNOWS OF THIS ORDER CONTAINING UNDERTAKINGS AND DISOBEYS THE UNDERTAKINGS OR DOES ANYTHING WHICH HELPS OR PERMITS ANY PERSON TO WHOM THIS ORDER APPLIES TO BREACH THE UNDERTAKINGS MAY BE HELD TO BE IN CONTEMPT OF COURT AND MAY BE IMPRISONED, FINED OR HAVE THEIR ASSETS SEIZED
Notice to (1) Sayyed Hussain; (2) RJ O’Brien MENA Capital Limited; (3) Stephen Ghallami (together “the Defendants”)
THIS ORDER containing Undertakings prohibits you from doing the acts set out in your Undertakings. You should read it all carefully. You are advised to consult a solicitor as soon as possible. You have a right to ask the Court to vary or discharge this Order.
If you disobey your Undertakings you may be found guilty of Contempt of Court and you (or in the case of a company, its directors) may be sent to prison or fined or your assets may be seized.
AND UPON a hearing being listed before H.E. Justice Omar Al Muhairi, before which the parties agreed the terms of this Order
AND UPON the witness statement of Mr Stephen Hawksworth on behalf of the Claimants
AND UPON the First Defendant giving Undertakings to the Court as set out in Schedule A and the Second Defendant giving Undertakings to the Court as set out in Schedule B and the Third Defendant giving Undertakings to the Court as set out in Schedule C
AND UPON the Claimants and Defendants having agreed the terms of Confidential Schedule E
1. Unless otherwise stated, references in this order to ‘the Defendant’ or ‘the Respondent’ mean any or all of them; and this Order containing Undertakings is effective against any Defendant on whom it is served or who is given notice of it.
2. A Defendant who is an individual who has undertaken not to do something shall not do it himself or in any other way. He shall not do it through others acting on his behalf or on his instructions or with his encouragement.
3. In this Order containing Undertakings the words ‘he’, ‘him’ or ‘his’ include ‘she’ or ‘her’ and ‘it’ or ‘its’.
4. Costs reserved to the Trial Judge.
5. There shall be a trial limited to issues of liability and injunctive relief only (“the Liability Trial”) with directions as set out below.
6. By 4 pm on 18 April 2018 the Claimants shall serve Particulars of Claim.
7. By 4 pm on 23 May 2018, the Defendants shall serve Acknowledgments of Service and Defences.
8. By 4 pm on 30 May 2018, the Claimants shall serve any Reply.
9. By 4 pm on 27 June 2018, there shall be production of documents by list on and provision of copy documents by 4 pm on 4 July 2018.
10. Parties to agree trial bundles by 4 pm on 12 September 2018.
11. By 4 pm on 10 October 2018, the parties shall file and exchange witness statements.
12. No expert evidence being necessary for the Liability Trial, no party has permission to rely upon expert evidence.
13. The Claimants shall lodge the trial bundle at Court 3 clear days before the first day of the date fixed for trial.
14. The parties shall file and exchange skeleton arguments by 10 am 2 clear days before the first day of the date fixed for trial.
15. Liability Trial to take place in the DIFC Courts of First Instance with a time estimate of 5 days on on 16 to 20 December 2018.
16. There shall be liberty to apply.
17. Parties may agree in writing to vary the dates for compliance with these directions by up to 28 days without the need to apply to the Court.
PARTIES OTHER THAN THE APPLICANT AND RESPONDENTS
18. It is a contempt of court for any person notified of this Order containing Undertakings knowingly to assist in or permit a breach of the Undertakings. Any person doing so may be imprisoned, fined or have their assets seized.
NAME AND ADDRESS OF CLAIMANT’S SOLICITORS
1. The Claimants’ Legal Representatives in the DIFC Courts are
Afridi & Angell
Jumeirah Emirates Financial Towers, Level 35
Sheikh Zayed Road
PO Box 9371
United Arab Emirates
Tel: +971 4 330 3900
Fax: +971 4 330 3800
COMMUNICATION WITH THE COURT
1. All communications with the Court about this Order should be sent to:
Ground Floor, Building 4, Gate District, UAE
Telephone: + 971 4 427 3333
Fax: +971 4 427 3330
The offices are open between 10am to 5pm, Sunday to Thursday (excluding Public Holidays).
Senior Assistant Registrar
Date of issue: 3 April 2018
The Dubai International Financial Centre and all its affiliates are committed to preserve the confidentiality, integrity and availability of client data and personal information.
Dubai International Financial Centre and all its affiliates employees, vendors, contract workers, shall follow Information Security Management System in all the processes and technology.
The content of the DIFC Courts website is provided for information purposes only and should be disregarded when making decisions on inheritance and any other matters. Whilst every reasonable effort is made to make the information and commentary accurate and up to date, the DIFC Courts makes no warranties or representations to you as to the accuracy, authenticity or completeness of the content on this website, which is subject to change at any time without notice. The information and commentary does not, and is not intended to, constitute legal advice by the DIFC Courts or any person employed or connected with it or formerly so employed or connected, to any person on any matter, be it in relation to inheritance, succession planning or otherwise. You are strongly advised to obtain specific, personal advice from a suitably qualified lawyer in relation to your personal circumstances and your objectives. The DIFC Courts does not assume any liability and shall not be liable to you for any damages, including but not limited to, direct or indirect, special, incidental or consequential damages, losses or expenses arising in connection with this website, its administration and any content or lack thereof found on it. The information on this web site is not to be displayed except in full screen format. Although care has been taken to provide links to suitable material from this site, no guarantee can be given about the suitability, completeness or accuracy of any of the material that this site may be linked to or other material on the internet. The DIFC Courts cannot accept any responsibility for the content of material that may be encountered therein.