Claim No: CFI-037-2017
THE DUBAI INTERNATIONAL FINANCIAL CENTRE COURTS
IN THE COURT OF FIRST INSTANCE
ILYAS GAFFAR SABOOWALA
(1) SOMAN KUNIYATH KUNJUNNI NAIR
(2) MINI SOMAN THORUVIL VELUTHEDATH
(3) RAG FOODSTUFF TRADING LLC
ORDER WITH REASONS OF DEPUTY CHIEF JUSTICE SIR DAVID STEEL
UPON the Order of the Deputy Chief Justice Sir David Steel dated 13 March 2018
AND UPON reviewing the parties’ costs submissions dated 19 April 2018 and 26 April 2018
IT IS HEREBY ORDERED THAT:
1.The Claimant shall pay 75% of the Defendants costs.
2. The Claimant shall make a payment on account of USD 45,000 within 14 days, the balance to be assessed by the Registrar if not agreed.
Ayesha Bin Kalban
Date of issue: 2 May 2018
SCHEDULE OF REASONS
1.The conduct of the amendment application by the Claimant has been unduly confused, prolonged and costly. The application has largely failed in regard to the “red amendments”.
2. The Defendants are entitled to recover 75% of their costs.
3. There will be a payment on account of USD 45,000 within 14 days, the balance to be agreed or assessed by the Registrar.
The Dispute Resolution Authority and all its affiliates are committed to preserve the confidentiality, integrity and availability of client data and personal information.
Dispute Resolution Authority and all its affiliates employees, vendors, contract workers, shall follow Information Security Management System in all the processes and technology.