Claim No: CA 003/2018
THE DUBAI INTERNATIONAL FINANCIAL CENTRE COURTS
IN THE COURT OF APPEAL
TATIANA MIKHAVILOVNA AKHMEDOVA
FARKHAD TEIMUR OGLY AKHMEDOV
(a corporation incorporated in the Principality of Liechtenstein)
ORDER OF THE COURT OF APPEAL
UPON the Second Defendant’s Appeal by way of Appeal Notice dated 13 March 2018
AND UPON the Claimant’s application to amend her Particulars of Claim dated 29 March 2018 (the “Amendment Application”)
AND UPON hearing Counsel for the Appellant and Counsel for the Respondent at a hearing on 9 May 2018
IT IS HEREBY ORDERED THAT:
1.The appeal is allowed with reasons to follow.
2. As at the date of the Order of His Excellency Justice Ali Al Madhani dated 8 February 2018 (the “Freezing Injunction”) and as at the date of return date of the Freezing Injunction on 8 March 2018, the Court of First Instance had no jurisdiction over the Second Defendant to make or continue the Freezing Injunction.
3. The Amendment Application shall be listed before the Court of Appeal on 11 July 2018 with a time estimate of 1 day.
4. The Claimant shall file and serve any evidence on which she intends to rely in respect of the Amendment Application within 10 days of this Order.
5. The Second Defendant shall file and serve any evidence on which it intends to rely in respect of the Amendment Application within 10 days thereafter.
6. The Second Defendant shall file and serve any written submissions on costs in respect of the appeal within 7 days of this Order.
7. The Claimant shall file and serve any written submissions on costs within 7 days thereafter.
8. The Freezing Injunction shall continue until further order of the Court.
Ayesha Bin Kalban
Date of issue: 28 May 2018
The Dubai International Financial Centre and all its affiliates are committed to preserve the confidentiality, integrity and availability of client data and personal information.
Dubai International Financial Centre and all its affiliates employees, vendors, contract workers, shall follow Information Security Management System in all the processes and technology.
The content of the DIFC Courts website is provided for information purposes only and should be disregarded when making decisions on inheritance and any other matters. Whilst every reasonable effort is made to make the information and commentary accurate and up to date, the DIFC Courts makes no warranties or representations to you as to the accuracy, authenticity or completeness of the content on this website, which is subject to change at any time without notice. The information and commentary does not, and is not intended to, constitute legal advice by the DIFC Courts or any person employed or connected with it or formerly so employed or connected, to any person on any matter, be it in relation to inheritance, succession planning or otherwise. You are strongly advised to obtain specific, personal advice from a suitably qualified lawyer in relation to your personal circumstances and your objectives. The DIFC Courts does not assume any liability and shall not be liable to you for any damages, including but not limited to, direct or indirect, special, incidental or consequential damages, losses or expenses arising in connection with this website, its administration and any content or lack thereof found on it. The information on this web site is not to be displayed except in full screen format. Although care has been taken to provide links to suitable material from this site, no guarantee can be given about the suitability, completeness or accuracy of any of the material that this site may be linked to or other material on the internet. The DIFC Courts cannot accept any responsibility for the content of material that may be encountered therein.