Claim No. CFI-005-2018
THE DUBAI INTERNATIONAL FINANCIAL CENTRE COURTS
IN THE COURT OF FIRST INSTANCE
DREES & SOMMER GULF FZ LLC
TOSCANA INVESTMENT & MANAGEMENT LLC
DEFAULT JUDGMENT OF JUDICIAL OFFICER NASSIR AL NASSER
1.The Request is not one prohibited by RDC 13.3 (1) or (2).
2. The Defendant has filed an Acknowledgment of Service.
3 . The Defendant has filed a Defence.
4. A CMC was held on 12 April 2018, both the Claimant and Defendant attended the CMC.
5. The Court at the hearing adjourned the CMC and directed the Claimant to file evidenced Particulars of Claim and that the Defendant shall have the opportunity to respond should it wish to do so, thereafter, the Registry will list a CMC.
6. On 8 May 2018, the Claimant filed an evidenced Particulars of claim.
7. The Defendant did not file a defence to the evidenced Particulars of claim on the deadline set out in the RDC
8. On 5 June 2018, the Claimant filed a Request for Default Judgment on the basis that the Defendant did not file a defence to the evidenced Particulars of claim filed on 8 May 2018.
ACCORDINGLY IT IS HEREBY ORDERED THAT:
9. The Request is denied, as the Defendant is not required to file a defence pursuant to the directions handed down at the CMC held on 12 April 2018.
10. The Registry shall list a CMC hearing.
11. The Claimant shall bear the costs of this application.
Nassir Al Nasser
Date of Issue: 13 June 2018
The Dubai International Financial Centre and all its affiliates are committed to preserve the confidentiality, integrity and availability of client data and personal information.
Dubai International Financial Centre and all its affiliates employees, vendors, contract workers, shall follow Information Security Management System in all the processes and technology.
The content of the DIFC Courts website is provided for information purposes only and should be disregarded when making decisions on inheritance and any other matters. Whilst every reasonable effort is made to make the information and commentary accurate and up to date, the DIFC Courts makes no warranties or representations to you as to the accuracy, authenticity or completeness of the content on this website, which is subject to change at any time without notice. The information and commentary does not, and is not intended to, constitute legal advice by the DIFC Courts or any person employed or connected with it or formerly so employed or connected, to any person on any matter, be it in relation to inheritance, succession planning or otherwise. You are strongly advised to obtain specific, personal advice from a suitably qualified lawyer in relation to your personal circumstances and your objectives. The DIFC Courts does not assume any liability and shall not be liable to you for any damages, including but not limited to, direct or indirect, special, incidental or consequential damages, losses or expenses arising in connection with this website, its administration and any content or lack thereof found on it. The information on this web site is not to be displayed except in full screen format. Although care has been taken to provide links to suitable material from this site, no guarantee can be given about the suitability, completeness or accuracy of any of the material that this site may be linked to or other material on the internet. The DIFC Courts cannot accept any responsibility for the content of material that may be encountered therein.