Claim No: CFI-020-2014
THE DUBAI INTERNATIONAL FINANCIAL CENTRE COURTS
IN THE COURT OF FIRST INSTANCE
GFH CAPITAL LIMITED
DAVID LAWRENCE HAIGH
ORDER OF JUSTICE SIR JEREMY COOKE
UPON the Progress Monitoring Hearing held by way of telephone on 7 June 2018
AND UPON the Defendant’s letter dated 7 June 2018 seeking an adjournment of the Progress Monitoring Hearing and of the trial
AND UPON the Defendant having communicated with the Court from multiple email addresses during the currency of the proceedings
AND UPON the Defendant having failed to comply with any of the directions set down by the Court in its Case Management Order of 25 November 2017
AND UPON hearing Counsel the Claimant at the Progress Monitoring Hearing, at which the Defendant was neither present or represented
AND UPON READING the further documents recorded as having been read
IT IS HEREBY ORDERED THAT:
1.Insofar as the Defendant’s letter dated 7 June 2018 is intended to constitute an application for an adjournment of the Progress Monitoring Hearing, it is refused.
2. Insofar as the Defendant’s letter dated 7 June 2018 is intended to constitute an application for an adjournment of the trial listed for 1 July 2018, it is refused.
3. The Court and the Claimant shall send electronic communications to the Defendant at each of the following email addresses:
4. The Claimant shall forward all electronic communications from the Court to the Defendant to each of the email addresses listed in paragraph (3) above, to abide the possibility that electronic communications from the Court have been blocked.
5. Bundles and documents filed with the Court by the Claimant shall be served on the Defendant (in addition to electronic service at the emails listed in paragraph (3) above) by sending hard copies by first class post or equivalent to:
6. A hard copy of the Documents on the Claimant’s Reading List for the trial, the chronology, dramatis personae, the Claimant’s written opening and its skeleton argument shall (in addition to being filed electronically) be sent by the Claimant to the London address of the Trial Judge for his use, and a complete set of the Trial Documents delivered to the Court for his use in Dubai.
7. The time estimate for the trial of the claim is revised. The trial shall take place over four days, commencing 1 July 2018.
8. The Defendant has permission to attend the trial via Skype using the “Skype for Business” address of the Court, by telephone or by video-conferencing.
9. Save as provided in this Order, the directions contained in the Court’s Case Management Order of 25 November 2017 shall stand.
10. Costs in the case.
Ayesha Bin Kalban
Date of issue: 13 June 2018
The Dubai International Financial Centre and all its affiliates are committed to preserve the confidentiality, integrity and availability of client data and personal information.
Dubai International Financial Centre and all its affiliates employees, vendors, contract workers, shall follow Information Security Management System in all the processes and technology.
The content of the DIFC Courts website is provided for information purposes only and should be disregarded when making decisions on inheritance and any other matters. Whilst every reasonable effort is made to make the information and commentary accurate and up to date, the DIFC Courts makes no warranties or representations to you as to the accuracy, authenticity or completeness of the content on this website, which is subject to change at any time without notice. The information and commentary does not, and is not intended to, constitute legal advice by the DIFC Courts or any person employed or connected with it or formerly so employed or connected, to any person on any matter, be it in relation to inheritance, succession planning or otherwise. You are strongly advised to obtain specific, personal advice from a suitably qualified lawyer in relation to your personal circumstances and your objectives. The DIFC Courts does not assume any liability and shall not be liable to you for any damages, including but not limited to, direct or indirect, special, incidental or consequential damages, losses or expenses arising in connection with this website, its administration and any content or lack thereof found on it. The information on this web site is not to be displayed except in full screen format. Although care has been taken to provide links to suitable material from this site, no guarantee can be given about the suitability, completeness or accuracy of any of the material that this site may be linked to or other material on the internet. The DIFC Courts cannot accept any responsibility for the content of material that may be encountered therein.