Claim No: CFI-029-2018 / CFI-034-2018
THE DUBAI INTERNATIONAL FINANCIAL CENTRE COURTS
IN THE COURT OF FIRST INSTANCE
THE INDUSTRIAL GROUP LTD.
ABDELAZIM EL SHIKH EL FADIL HAMID
CASE MANAGEMENT CONFERENCE ORDER
UPON reviewing the Court file
UPON reading the Case Management Bundle
UPON reviewing the Rules of the DIFC Courts (“RDC”)
AND UPON hearing Counsel for the Claimant and Defendant at the Case Management Conference held before Judicial Officer Maha Al Mehairi on 13 August 2018
IT IS HEREBY ORDERED THAT:
1. The claims in this proceeding CFI-034-2018 be consolidated as part of proceeding CFI-29-2018 pursuant to RDC 4.2(7), and case number CFI-029-2018 be named as the lead case for the purposes of consolidation.
2. The Parties in the consolidated proceeding be The Industrial Group Limited (as Claimant/Defendant by counterclaim) and Abdelazim El Shikh El Fadil Hamid (as Defendant/Claimant by counterclaim).
3. The Claimant’s Particulars of Claim be its claim in the consolidated proceedings.
4. The Defendant file any further material in support of his application to set aside the judgment entered against him within 14 days of this Order.
5. The Claimant file any material in opposition to the Defendant’s application to set aside the judgment within 28 days of the date of this Order.
6. The Defendant’s application to set aside the judgment be set down for hearing, if required, on a date to be fixed and directed by the Registry based upon the availability of the parties.
7. The Claimant within 7 days of the date of determination of the application to set aside the judgment notify the Defendant of any claims which it does not intend to pursue.
8. The Defendant file and serve its Defence and Counterclaim within 14 days of the determination of the application to set aside the judgment.
9. The Claimant file its Reply (if any) to the Defendant’s Defence and Defence to the Defendant’s Counterclaim within 14 days of service upon it of the Defence and Counterclaim.
10. The Defendant file his Reply (if any) to the Claimant’s Defence to the Counterclaim within 7 days of service upon him of the Claimant’s Defence to the Counterclaim.
11. The Case Management Conference be adjourned to a date to be fixed by the Court on application by either party.
Ayesha Bin Kalban
Date: 14 August 2018
The Dubai International Financial Centre and all its affiliates are committed to preserve the confidentiality, integrity and availability of client data and personal information.
Dubai International Financial Centre and all its affiliates employees, vendors, contract workers, shall follow Information Security Management System in all the processes and technology.
The content of the DIFC Courts website is provided for information purposes only and should be disregarded when making decisions on inheritance and any other matters. Whilst every reasonable effort is made to make the information and commentary accurate and up to date, the DIFC Courts makes no warranties or representations to you as to the accuracy, authenticity or completeness of the content on this website, which is subject to change at any time without notice. The information and commentary does not, and is not intended to, constitute legal advice by the DIFC Courts or any person employed or connected with it or formerly so employed or connected, to any person on any matter, be it in relation to inheritance, succession planning or otherwise. You are strongly advised to obtain specific, personal advice from a suitably qualified lawyer in relation to your personal circumstances and your objectives. The DIFC Courts does not assume any liability and shall not be liable to you for any damages, including but not limited to, direct or indirect, special, incidental or consequential damages, losses or expenses arising in connection with this website, its administration and any content or lack thereof found on it. The information on this web site is not to be displayed except in full screen format. Although care has been taken to provide links to suitable material from this site, no guarantee can be given about the suitability, completeness or accuracy of any of the material that this site may be linked to or other material on the internet. The DIFC Courts cannot accept any responsibility for the content of material that may be encountered therein.