Claim No: CA-008-2018
THE DUBAI INTERNATIONAL FINANCIAL CENTRE COURTS
IN THE COURT OF APPEAL
STANDARD CHARTERED BANK
Appellant / Defendant
Respondent / Claimant
ORDER OF THE COURT OF APPEAL
UPON reviewing the Appellant’s Notice dated 3 May 2018 seeking permission to appeal against the Order with Reasons of H.E. Justice Shamlan Al Sawalehi dated 12 April 2018 (the “Order”)
UPON reviewing the Respondent’s submissions in response to the Appellant’s Notice dated 27 May 2018
AND UPON hearing counsel for the Claimant and the Defendant at a hearing on 4 September 2018
IT IS HEREBY ORDERED THAT:
1. The appeal hearing is adjourned to a date to be fixed by the Registry pending the Claimant’s filing of an Application to Amend its Particulars of Claim filed in case number CFI-045-2017 (the “Claimant’s Application to Amend”).
2. The Claimant’s Application to Amend shall be filed and served by no later than 4 pm, 3 October 2018.
3. The Defendant’s Response to the Claimant’s Application to Amend shall be filed and served by no later than 4 pm, 31 October 2018.
4. The Parties shall thereafter liaise with the Registry to fix a date for the hearing of the Application to Amend, to be heard within 14 days of the filing and service of the Defendant’s Response.
5. H.E. Justice Ali Al Madhani is appointed as case management Judge, pursuant to RDC 44.124, and the hearing of the Claimant’s Application to Amend shall be listed before him.
6. The Claimant shall pay the Defendant’s costs of the appeal on the standard basis, to be assessed if not agreed within 14 days of date of this Order.
7. Liberty to apply.
Ayesha Bin Kalban
Date of issue: 5 September 2018
The Dubai International Financial Centre and all its affiliates are committed to preserve the confidentiality, integrity and availability of client data and personal information.
Dubai International Financial Centre and all its affiliates employees, vendors, contract workers, shall follow Information Security Management System in all the processes and technology.
The content of the DIFC Courts website is provided for information purposes only and should be disregarded when making decisions on inheritance and any other matters. Whilst every reasonable effort is made to make the information and commentary accurate and up to date, the DIFC Courts makes no warranties or representations to you as to the accuracy, authenticity or completeness of the content on this website, which is subject to change at any time without notice. The information and commentary does not, and is not intended to, constitute legal advice by the DIFC Courts or any person employed or connected with it or formerly so employed or connected, to any person on any matter, be it in relation to inheritance, succession planning or otherwise. You are strongly advised to obtain specific, personal advice from a suitably qualified lawyer in relation to your personal circumstances and your objectives. The DIFC Courts does not assume any liability and shall not be liable to you for any damages, including but not limited to, direct or indirect, special, incidental or consequential damages, losses or expenses arising in connection with this website, its administration and any content or lack thereof found on it. The information on this web site is not to be displayed except in full screen format. Although care has been taken to provide links to suitable material from this site, no guarantee can be given about the suitability, completeness or accuracy of any of the material that this site may be linked to or other material on the internet. The DIFC Courts cannot accept any responsibility for the content of material that may be encountered therein.