Claim No. CFI 015-2017
THE DUBAI INTERNATIONAL FINANCIAL CENTRE COURTS
IN THE COURT OF FIRST INSTANCE
DIVERSIFIED ACL GROUP
DIVERSIFIED DRILLING HOLDINGS LIMITED
UPON reviewing the Claimant’s Application dated 26 July 2018 seeking to (i) lift the stay imposed on these proceedings pursuant to DIFC Courts Order dated 18 October 2017 and (ii) seeking permission for the Claimant to amend the Claim Form and Particulars of Claim in these proceedings (“the Application”);
UPON the related employment claim in the Ras Al Khaimah Labour Court (reference 28/2071 Arthur Martin Handsel v DDIE) having now concluded;
UPON the parties’ joint request for the Court deal with the Application on paper;
AND UPON reviewing the parties’ draft consent order;
IT IS HEREBY ORDERED BY CONSENT THAT:
1. The stay issued pursuant to the DIFC Courts Order dated 18 October 2017 be lifted with immediate effect.
2. Subject to paragraph 7 below, the costs arising out of and connected with the Application be costs in the case.
3. The Claimant be permitted to amend its Claim Form and Particulars of Claim in the form attached to the Application.
5. The Defendant shall have permission to amend its Defence pursuant to the amended Claim Form and Particulars of Claim within 28 days of this order.
6. The Claimant shall have permission to amend its Reply to be filed and served within 21 days of the date on which the amended Defence is served. Service of the amended Reply be effected on the Defendant’s solicitors, Covington & Burling LLP.
7. The Claimant shall pay the Defendant’s reasonable costs of and occasioned by the amendments to the Claim Form and Particulars of Claim.
Nassir Al Nasser
Date of Issue: 11 September 2018
The Dubai International Financial Centre and all its affiliates are committed to preserve the confidentiality, integrity and availability of client data and personal information.
Dubai International Financial Centre and all its affiliates employees, vendors, contract workers, shall follow Information Security Management System in all the processes and technology.
The content of the DIFC Courts website is provided for information purposes only and should be disregarded when making decisions on inheritance and any other matters. Whilst every reasonable effort is made to make the information and commentary accurate and up to date, the DIFC Courts makes no warranties or representations to you as to the accuracy, authenticity or completeness of the content on this website, which is subject to change at any time without notice. The information and commentary does not, and is not intended to, constitute legal advice by the DIFC Courts or any person employed or connected with it or formerly so employed or connected, to any person on any matter, be it in relation to inheritance, succession planning or otherwise. You are strongly advised to obtain specific, personal advice from a suitably qualified lawyer in relation to your personal circumstances and your objectives. The DIFC Courts does not assume any liability and shall not be liable to you for any damages, including but not limited to, direct or indirect, special, incidental or consequential damages, losses or expenses arising in connection with this website, its administration and any content or lack thereof found on it. The information on this web site is not to be displayed except in full screen format. Although care has been taken to provide links to suitable material from this site, no guarantee can be given about the suitability, completeness or accuracy of any of the material that this site may be linked to or other material on the internet. The DIFC Courts cannot accept any responsibility for the content of material that may be encountered therein.