Claim No. CFI-044 -2018
THE DUBAI INTERNATIONAL FINANCIAL CENTRE COURTS
IN THE COURT OF FIRST INSTANCE
GRAND VALLEY GENERAL TRADING LLC
GGICO SUNTECK LIMITED
ORDER OF JUDICIAL OFFICER MAHA AL MEHAIRI
1. The Claimant’s request is not one prohibited by RDC 13.3 (1) or (2).
2. The Claimant has filed a Certificate of Service in accordance with RDC 9.43 on 15 July 2018.
3. The First Defendant has failed to file an Acknowledgment of Service or a Defence to the claim (or any part of the claim) with the DIFC Courts and the relevant time for so doing has expired (RDC 13.4).
4. The First Defendant has not: (i) applied to the Court either to have the Claimant’s statement of case struck out under RDC 4.16 or for immediate judgment under RDC Part 24 (RDC 13.6(1)); (ii) satisfied the whole claim (including any claim for costs) on which the Claimant is seeking judgment (RDC 13.6(2) / RDC 13.22(3)); or (iii) filed or served on the Claimant an admission under RDC 15.14 or 15.24 together with a request for time to pay (RDC 13.6(3) / RDC 13.22).
5. The Claimant has followed the required procedure for obtaining Default Judgment (RDC 13.7 and 13.8).
6. The Request includes a request for interest pursuant to RDC 13.15.
ACCORDINGLY IT IS HEREBY ORDERED THAT:
7. The request is granted.
8. The First Defendant shall be dissolved in accordance with Article 295(6) and/or Article 298 of the UAE Federal Law No. 2 of 2015 concerning Commercial Companies.
9. The Claimant shall be entitled to interest, in accordance with Article 76 of UAE Federal Law No.18 of 1993 on the Commercial Transactions Law, on monies it contributed to the First Defendant, to be assessed and paid during the course of the First Defendant’s dissolution.
10. The First Defendant shall pay the Claimant the legal costs of this claim, to be assessed by the Registrar, if not agreed.
11. The Claimant shall serve this Judgment upon the First Defendant.
Ayesha Bin Kalban
Date: 16 September 2018
The Dubai International Financial Centre and all its affiliates are committed to preserve the confidentiality, integrity and availability of client data and personal information.
Dubai International Financial Centre and all its affiliates employees, vendors, contract workers, shall follow Information Security Management System in all the processes and technology.
The content of the DIFC Courts website is provided for information purposes only and should be disregarded when making decisions on inheritance and any other matters. Whilst every reasonable effort is made to make the information and commentary accurate and up to date, the DIFC Courts makes no warranties or representations to you as to the accuracy, authenticity or completeness of the content on this website, which is subject to change at any time without notice. The information and commentary does not, and is not intended to, constitute legal advice by the DIFC Courts or any person employed or connected with it or formerly so employed or connected, to any person on any matter, be it in relation to inheritance, succession planning or otherwise. You are strongly advised to obtain specific, personal advice from a suitably qualified lawyer in relation to your personal circumstances and your objectives. The DIFC Courts does not assume any liability and shall not be liable to you for any damages, including but not limited to, direct or indirect, special, incidental or consequential damages, losses or expenses arising in connection with this website, its administration and any content or lack thereof found on it. The information on this web site is not to be displayed except in full screen format. Although care has been taken to provide links to suitable material from this site, no guarantee can be given about the suitability, completeness or accuracy of any of the material that this site may be linked to or other material on the internet. The DIFC Courts cannot accept any responsibility for the content of material that may be encountered therein.