Claim No: CFI-027-2016
THE DUBAI INTERNATIONAL FINANCIAL CENTRE COURTS
IN THE COURT OF FIRST INSTANCE
(1) NEST INVESTMENTS HOLDING LEBANON S.A.L.
(2) JORDANIAN EXPATRIATES INVESTMENT HOLDING COMPANY
(3) QATAR GENERAL INSURANCE AND REINSURANCE COMPANY PJSC
(4) GHAZI KAMEL ABDUL RAHMAN ABU NAHL
(5) JAMAL KAMEL ABDUL RAHMAN ABU NAHL
(6) TRUST COMPASS INSURANCE S.A.L.
(7) TRUST INTERNATIONAL INSURANCE COMPANY (CYRPUS) LIMITED
(8) HIS EXCELLENCY SHEIKH NASSER BIN ALI BIN SAUD AL THANI
(9) FADI GHAZI ABU NAHL
(10) HAMAD GHAZI ABU NAHL
(11) KAMEL GHAZI ABU NAHL
DELOITTE & TOUCHE (M.E.)
UPON reviewing the Application Notice and the Notice of Appeal both filed by the Defendant on 5 March 2018 in respect of the Defendant’s application for permission to appeal against the judgment of Justice Roger Giles dated 12 February 2018 on the strike out and/or immediate judgment application (the “Appeal“),
AND UPON reviewing the draft Re-Amended Particulars of Claim dated 31 July 2018
AND UPON the Claimants/Respondents and the Defendant/Appellant having agreed to compromise the Appeal on the basis of the irrevocable withdrawal of the DIFC law claims and replacement with Lebanese law claims on terms as to costs.
IT IS HEREBY ORDERED BY CONSENT THAT:
1. The Appeal shall be dismissed.
2. There shall be no order as to costs in respect of the Appeal.
Ayesha Bin Kalban
Date of issue: 19 September 2018
The Dispute Resolution Authority and all its affiliates are committed to preserve the confidentiality, integrity and availability of client data and personal information.
Dispute Resolution Authority and all its affiliates employees, vendors, contract workers, shall follow Information Security Management System in all the processes and technology.