Claim No: CFI 026/2017
THE DUBAI INTERNATIONAL FINANCIAL CENTRE COURTS
IN THE COURT OF FIRST INSTANCE
TAVIRA SECURITIES LIMITED
(1) RE POINT VENTURES FZCO
(2) JAI NARAIN GUPTA
(3) MAYANK KUMAR
(4) SAROJ GUPTA
ORDER OF JUDICIAL OFFICER MAHA AL MEHAIRI
UPON reviewing the Court file
AND UPON reading the Case Management Bundle
AND UPON reviewing the Rules of the DIFC Courts (“RDC”)
IT IS HEREBY ORDERED BY CONSENT THAT:
The Defendants’ Amendment to its Further Information dated 9 September 2018
1. The Defendants shall have permission to amend their Further Information dated 9 September 2018.
2. The Defendants shall file their Amended Further Information pursuant to the permission granted in paragraph 1 above by 4pm on 24 October 2018, showing the original text struck through and the amendments underlined and verified by a statement of truth.
The Defendants’ Request for Further Information
3. The Claimant shall file and serve its Response to the Defendants’ Request for Further Information dated 1 October 2018 (“Defendant’s RFI”) by 4pm on 25 October 2018 or, in the event that the Claimant objects to the Defendant’s RFI or any requests therein, the Claimant will serve its objections by 4pm on 25 October 2018.
4. The Defendants to file their reply to the objections by 4pm on 1 November 2018.
5. The Claimant to file its answer to the Defendants’ request for an order by 4pm on 15 November 2018.
6. The Court will determine the Defendants’ request for an order by 4pm on 22 November 2018.
7. The Claimant shall comply with the terms of any order by 4pm on 29 November 2018.
Production of Documents (RDC Part 28)
8. Standard production of documents shall be made by each party by 4pm on Monday, 29 October 2018.
9. Parties to file and serve any Request to Produce by 4pm on Monday, 12 November 2018.
10. Objections to Requests to Produce (if any) shall be filed and served by 4pm on Monday, 19 November 2018.
11. Where there are no objections to a particular Request contained in a Request to Produce, documents responsive to that request shall be produced by 4pm on Monday, 19 November 2018.
12. Where objections to any Requests to Produce have been made, the Court shall determine those objections and will make any order by Monday, 3 December 2018.
13. The parties shall comply with the terms of any order made under paragraph 4 of this Order and file a Document Production Statement by 4pm on Monday, 17 December 2018.
Witness Statements (RDC Part 29)
14. Signed statements of witnesses of fact, and any notices to rely on hearsay evidence shall be exchanged by 4pm on Monday, 14 January 2019.
15. Any Witness Statement evidence in reply shall be filed and served by no later than 4pm on Monday, 28 January 2019.
16. Unless otherwise ordered, Witness Statements shall stand as evidence in chief of the witness at trial.
Progress Monitoring Date (RDC Part 26)
16. The Progress Monitoring Date shall be Monday, 11 February 2019.
18. The parties shall file and serve a Progress Monitoring Information Sheet by no later than 4pm on Monday, 4 February 2019.
Trial Bundles (RDC Part 35)
19. Agreed trial bundles shall be filed and served no later than 2 weeks before trial.
Reading List and Trial Timetable (RDC Part 35)
20. An agreed reading list for trial along with an estimate of time required for reading and an estimated timetable for trial shall be filed with the Court by the Claimant no later than 1pm two clear days before the first day of trial.
Skeleton Argument and Chronology (RDC Part 35)
21. Skeleton Arguments shall be exchanged three clear days before the start of trial.
22. The parties shall prepare an agreed Chronology of significant events which shall be filed with the Court three clear days before the start of trial. In the event that there are areas of disagreement, the Chronology shall include an agreed Chronology and a Chronology of events which are disputed, with the parties’ respective positions outlined therein.
Trial (RDC Part 35)
23. The trial of this matter shall be listed in the window of Sunday, 3 March to Thursday, 28 March 2019 with an estimated duration of 5 days (including pre-reading).
24. The parties shall have liberty to apply.
25. Costs in the case
Ayesha Bin Kalban
Date of issue: 23 October 2018
The Dubai International Financial Centre and all its affiliates are committed to preserve the confidentiality, integrity and availability of client data and personal information.
Dubai International Financial Centre and all its affiliates employees, vendors, contract workers, shall follow Information Security Management System in all the processes and technology.
The content of the DIFC Courts website is provided for information purposes only and should be disregarded when making decisions on inheritance and any other matters. Whilst every reasonable effort is made to make the information and commentary accurate and up to date, the DIFC Courts makes no warranties or representations to you as to the accuracy, authenticity or completeness of the content on this website, which is subject to change at any time without notice. The information and commentary does not, and is not intended to, constitute legal advice by the DIFC Courts or any person employed or connected with it or formerly so employed or connected, to any person on any matter, be it in relation to inheritance, succession planning or otherwise. You are strongly advised to obtain specific, personal advice from a suitably qualified lawyer in relation to your personal circumstances and your objectives. The DIFC Courts does not assume any liability and shall not be liable to you for any damages, including but not limited to, direct or indirect, special, incidental or consequential damages, losses or expenses arising in connection with this website, its administration and any content or lack thereof found on it. The information on this web site is not to be displayed except in full screen format. Although care has been taken to provide links to suitable material from this site, no guarantee can be given about the suitability, completeness or accuracy of any of the material that this site may be linked to or other material on the internet. The DIFC Courts cannot accept any responsibility for the content of material that may be encountered therein.