IN THE DUBAI INTERNATIONAL FINANCIAL CENTRE COURTS
PRACTICE DIRECTION NO. 1 OF 2019
DIFC Courts E-Bundles – Trial Period Extended
This Practice Direction will come into effect on the date of signature. It may be cited as Practice Direction 1 of 2019 – DIFC Courts E-Bundles – Trial Period Extended and may be abbreviated to PD 1/2019.
1.As of 10 April 2018, and by virtue of Practice Direction No. 1 of 2018, parties are encouraged to submit their trial bundles (see Part 35 of the Rules of the DIFC Courts – RDC) through the DIFC Courts online e-bundles portal, available at: https://eregistry.difccourts.ae/Account/Login.
2. The associated fees will be payable to a third party viz Caselines which will be available at the latter’s webpage at the following link: https://difccourts.caselines.com.
3. As Caselines is a third party, the DIFC Courts will not be responsible for the delivery of the e-bundles service. Parties which have problems with the service may contact Caselines support team at: https://support.caselines.co.uk.
4. The DIFC Courts (Caselines) e-bundles portal will be available to parties on a trial basis, until 31 December 2019, when it is envisaged that e-bundles will become compulsory after a further period of public consultation.
5. Parties are reminded that the late submission of bundles may incur late filing penalties. In this regard they are referred to DIFC Courts Practice Direction No. 3 of 2017.
6. Parties are encouraged to refer to the General Guidelines for Electronic Bundles in the DIFC Courts. https://www.difccourts.ae/e-bundle/.
7. Should parties wish to utilize the e-bundling platform, they must notify the Registry, copying in all parties to the case, of their intention to do so no less than 10 working days before the bundles are due to be submitted.
Dated this 13 March 2019
Chief Justice of the DIFC Courts
The Dispute Resolution Authority and all its affiliates are committed to preserve the confidentiality, integrity and availability of client data and personal information.
Dispute Resolution Authority and all its affiliates employees, vendors, contract workers, shall follow Information Security Management System in all the processes and technology.