IN THE DUBAI INTERNATIONAL FINANCIAL CENTRE COURTS
PRACTICE DIRECTION NO. 1 OF 2019
DIFC Courts E-Bundles – Trial Period Extended
This Practice Direction will come into effect on the date of signature. It may be cited as Practice Direction 1 of 2019 – DIFC Courts E-Bundles – Trial Period Extended and may be abbreviated to PD 1/2019.
1.As of 10 April 2018, and by virtue of Practice Direction No. 1 of 2018, parties are encouraged to submit their trial bundles (see Part 35 of the Rules of the DIFC Courts – RDC) through the DIFC Courts online e-bundles portal, available at: https://eregistry.difccourts.ae/Account/Login.
2. The associated fees will be payable to a third party viz Caselines which will be available at the latter’s webpage at the following link: https://difccourts.caselines.com.
3. As Caselines is a third party, the DIFC Courts will not be responsible for the delivery of the e-bundles service. Parties which have problems with the service may contact Caselines support team at: https://support.caselines.co.uk.
4. The DIFC Courts (Caselines) e-bundles portal will be available to parties on a trial basis, until 31 December 2019, when it is envisaged that e-bundles will become compulsory after a further period of public consultation.
5. Parties are reminded that the late submission of bundles may incur late filing penalties. In this regard they are referred to DIFC Courts Practice Direction No. 3 of 2017.
6. Parties are encouraged to refer to the General Guidelines for Electronic Bundles in the DIFC Courts. https://www.difccourts.ae/e-bundle/.
7. Should parties wish to utilize the e-bundling platform, they must notify the Registry, copying in all parties to the case, of their intention to do so no less than 10 working days before the bundles are due to be submitted.
Dated this 13 March 2019
Chief Justice of the DIFC Courts
The Dubai International Financial Centre and all its affiliates are committed to preserve the confidentiality, integrity and availability of client data and personal information.
Dubai International Financial Centre and all its affiliates employees, vendors, contract workers, shall follow Information Security Management System in all the processes and technology.
The content of the DIFC Courts website is provided for information purposes only and should be disregarded when making decisions on inheritance and any other matters. Whilst every reasonable effort is made to make the information and commentary accurate and up to date, the DIFC Courts makes no warranties or representations to you as to the accuracy, authenticity or completeness of the content on this website, which is subject to change at any time without notice. The information and commentary does not, and is not intended to, constitute legal advice by the DIFC Courts or any person employed or connected with it or formerly so employed or connected, to any person on any matter, be it in relation to inheritance, succession planning or otherwise. You are strongly advised to obtain specific, personal advice from a suitably qualified lawyer in relation to your personal circumstances and your objectives. The DIFC Courts does not assume any liability and shall not be liable to you for any damages, including but not limited to, direct or indirect, special, incidental or consequential damages, losses or expenses arising in connection with this website, its administration and any content or lack thereof found on it. The information on this web site is not to be displayed except in full screen format. Although care has been taken to provide links to suitable material from this site, no guarantee can be given about the suitability, completeness or accuracy of any of the material that this site may be linked to or other material on the internet. The DIFC Courts cannot accept any responsibility for the content of material that may be encountered therein.