Non-muslim wills registry
This Part applies to the registration of wills at the Non-Muslim Wills Registry (“Non-Muslim Wills Registry”).
In this Part –
- “Authorised Officer” has the meaning provided for in Rule 5 (2) of the DIFC Wills and Probate Registry Rules.
- “Non-Muslim Wills Registry” has the meaning provided for by Rule 57.3;
- “Will Register” means the register of Wills maintained by the Non-Muslim Wills Registry;
- A “Will” means a will which-
- (a) relates to movable and immovable assets situated in the Emirate of Dubai and/or Ras Al Khaimah and any other ancillary matters;
- (b) has been registered with the Non-Muslim Wills Registry in accordance with Rule 57.6; and
- (c) which have been witnessed by an Authorised Officer of the WPR.,
- “WPR” means the DIFC Wills and Probate Registry established by Resolution 4 of 2014 in respect of the DIFC Wills and Probate Registry for Non-Muslims.
A Registrar of the Court will be appointed to be a Registrar of the Wills Registry for Non-Muslims.
The Wills Registry for Non-Muslims will maintain the Will Register.
Registration of a Will
The Non-Muslim Wills Registry shall register all Wills which are submitted for registration by the WPR. The Non-Muslim Wills Registry shall retain a copy ( whether electronic or physical) of each Will submitted by the WPR and shall enter details of each testator on the Wills Register. The entry of such details on the Wills Register shall constitute registration on the date that such entry is made.
The Non-Muslim Wills Registry shall issue each Will with a case file number.