Claim No: CFI 022/2009
THE JUDICIAL AUTHORITY OF THE DUBAI INTERNATIONAL FINANCIAL CENTRE
In the name of His Highness Sheikh Mohammad Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Ruler of Dubai
IN THE COURT OF FIRST INSTANCE
ORION HOLDINGS OVERSEAS LIMITED (DIFC)
In accordance with rule 13.7 of the Rules of the DIFC Courts and UPON the request of the Claimant dated 24 November 2009 for a default judgment (amount to be decided by the court) it is found as follows:
1. The Defendant has not filed with the DIFC Courts an admission or defence to the Claim.
2. The requested default judgment is granted.
3. The Defendant is ordered to pay to the Claimant the following amounts as set out in the Claim:
a) AED 208,000 in respect of unpaid wages for the months of May to August 2009;
b) AED 104,000 in respect of unpaid wages for the months of September 2009 to date;
c) AED 48,500 in respect of unpaid wages for holiday entitlement;
d) AED 408,000 in respect of unpaid performance bonuses for the years 2006,2007 and 2008;
e) AED 125,000 in respect of unpaid travel entitlements for the year 2009;
f) AED 62,500 in respect of travel tickets due upon end of service;
4. The Claimant is awarded costs in the sum of US$8,000.
5. The Defendant is to comply with this judgment within 14 days.
Amna Al Owais
Date of Issue: 14 December 2009
At 9.30 am
The Dispute Resolution Authority and all its affiliates are committed to preserve the confidentiality, integrity and availability of client data and personal information.
Dispute Resolution Authority and all its affiliates employees, vendors, contract workers, shall follow Information Security Management System in all the processes and technology.