Claim No. CFI 014/2012
THE DUBAI INTERNATIONAL FINANCIAL CENTRE COURTS
IN THE COURT OF FIRST INSTANCE
|RUSSELL ERIC PERRY
OGER TELECOM LIMITEDDefendant
CASE MANAGEMENT ORDER OF H.E. OMAR ALMUHAIRI
UPON hearing counsel for the Claimant and the Defendant at the Case Management Conference
AND UPON reading the documents recorded on the Court file as having been read
IT IS ORDERED THAT:
Justice by Reconciliation
1. On or before 21 October 2012 the parties shall exchange lists of three neutral individuals who are available to conduct justice by reconciliation procedures in this case prior to the production of documents.
2. On or before 11 November 2012 the parties shall in good faith endeavour to agree a neutral individual or panel from the lists so exchanged and provided.
3. Failing such agreement by 18 November 2012, the Claimant shall apply for the Case Management Conference to be restored to enable the Court to facilitate agreement on a neutral individual.
4. The parties shall take such serious steps as they may be advised to resolve their disputes by justice by reconciliation procedures before the neutral individual so chosen by no later than 16 December 2012.
Production of Documents
5. By no later than 4pm on Sunday, 13 January 2013, each party shall submit to the other, by way of list and copy documents, all documents available to it upon which it relies, including public documents and those in the public domain, except for any documents that have already been submitted by another party.
6. By no later that 4pm on Sunday, 13 January 2013, each party shall submit to the other, by way of list and copy document, all documents requested in Response One of the Case Management Information Sheets prepared by the Claimant and by the Defendant, which are in the parties’ possession, custody or control and to which no objection is made to their disclosure.
7. The parties shall exchange Witness Statements by no later than 4pm on Sunday, 10 February 2013.
8. The parties shall be at liberty to exchange a second round of Witness Statements by no later than 4pm on Sunday, 3 March 2013.
9. A single reading list approved by all parties’ legal representatives for trial to be lodged with the Registry not later than two days before fixed trial date, together with an estimate of time required for reading.
Skeleton Arguments, Opening Statements and Chronology
10. Skeleton Arguments and Written Opening Statements to be served on all other parties and lodged with the Court – two days before the start of trial for the Claimant and one day before the start of trial for the Defendant.
11. The parties to prepare a chronology of significant events cross-referenced to significant documents, pleadings and Witness Statements to be agreed, insofar as possible, and to be filed one week before trial.
12. The trial of this case shall be no more than three days, to be listed on the first open date after Sunday, 10 March 2013.
13. The parties shall agree the trial bundles no later than 21 days before the date fixed for the first day of trial.
14. The Claimant shall lodge with the Court Listing Office the full set of trial bundles no later than 14 days before the date fixed for the first day of trial.
15. The costs of this hearing be in the case.
Amna Al Owais
Date of Issue: 8 October 2012