Claim No: CFI 014/2010
THE DUBAI INTERNATIONAL FINANCIAL CENTRE COURTS
IN THE COURT OF FIRST INSTANCE
BEFORE DEPUTY CHIEF JUSTICE SIR ANTHONY COLMAN
(1) NATIONAL BONDS CORPORATION P.J.S.C.
(2) DEYAAR DEVELOPMENT P.J.S.C.
CASE MANAGEMENT ORDER OF DEPUTY CHIEF JUSTICE SIR ANTHONY COLMAN MADE ON 12 MAY 2013
UPON HEARING counsel for the Claimant and counsel for First Defendant and Second Defendant
IT IS HEREBY ORDERED THAT:
1. The parties shall exchange, by 4pm on Thursday 23 May 2013, the Witness Statements containing the evidence on which the party serving the statement intends to reply in relation to any issues of fact to be decided at the trial.
2. The parties may, by 4pm on Thursday 27 June 2013, exchange any Witness Statements in reply to the statements exchanged under paragraph 1 above, which shall be limited to evidence in reply, if they so choose.
3. Unless otherwise ordered, Witness Statements are to stand as the evidence in chief of the witness at trial.
4. The parties to serve their Expert Reports on issues of UAE law by 4pm on Thursday 18 July 2013.
5. Experts to meet by Thursday, 12 September 2013 to attempt to narrow and clarify any issues of UAE law on which they are agreed.
6. Experts to produce a joint statement on issues of UAE law on which they are agreed, if any, and not agreed by 4pm on Thursday 26 September 2013.
7. The parties shall consult as to how expert evidence shall be given by the expert witnesses.
8. The Claimant shall send to the other parties a proposed Trial Bundle Index no later than 4pm on Thursday 11 July 2013.
9. The Trial Bundle Index is to be agreed between the parties no later than Thursday 25 July 2013.
10. Within 21 days thereafter, the Claimant shall:
(a) Provide the other parties with the Trial Bundle on receipt of each party’s undertaking to share equally between them the reasonable copying costs of producing the Trial Bundle; and
(b) File with the Court a Trial Bundle for the use of the Judge.
11. Skeleton arguments to be filed and exchanged by 4pm on 13 October 2013.
12. The parties shall lodge an agreed trial timetable by 4pm on 23 October 2013.
13. Trial is to be listed for 28 October 2013 with a time estimate of 11 days.
14. The trial shall determine all of the issues save that, where the assessment of the amount of an award damages would require expert evidence, that assessment will be reserved to a later hearing with directions from the trial judge to enable it to be undertaken, should those claims succeed.
Liberty to apply
15. There be liberty to apply for further directions.
16. Costs in the case.
Date of Issue: 23 May 2013