Claim No: CFI-036-2014
THE DUBAI INTERNATIONAL FINANCIAL CENTRE COURTS
IN THE COURT OF FIRST INSTANCE
BEFORE H.E. JUSTICE OMAR AL MUHAIRI
VANNIN CAPITAL PCC PLC
for and on behalf of protected cell – Project Ramsey
(1) MR RAFED ABDEL MOHSEN BADER AL KHORAFI
(2) MRS AMRAH ALI ABDEL LATIF AL HAMAD
(3) MRS ALIA MOHAMED SULAIMAN AL RIFAI
(4) KBH KAANUUN LIMITED
(5) BANK SARASIN-ALPEN (ME) LIMITED
(6) BANK J. SAFRA SARASIN LTD (FORMERLY BANK SARASIN & CO LIMITED)
ORDER OF H.E. JUSTICE OMAR AL MUHAIRI
UPON reviewing the Claimant’s Application Notice by way of Part 8 Claim Form dated 3 November 2014 seeking interim payment of monies into Court (“the Claimant’s Application”);
AND UPON reviewing the First, Second and Third Defendants’ Application Notice CFI-026-2014/1 dated 5 November 2014 seeking an order that the DIFC Courts do not have jurisdiction and that the matter be stayed (“the Defendants’ Application”);
AND UPON reading the relevant material in the case file;
AND UPON hearing counsel for the Clamant, counsel for the First, Second and Third Defendants and counsel for the Fourth Defendant on 6 November 2014;
IT IS HEREBY ORDERED THAT:
A. The Claimant’s Application
B. The Defendants’ Application
5. The First, Second and Third Defendants shall file and serve any further evidence and submissions with regard to the Defendants’ Application within 7 days from 6 November 2014, and in any event by no later than 4pm on Thursday 13 November 2014.
6. The Claimant and Fourth Defendant shall file and serve any evidence and submissions in reply to the Defendant’s Application within 7 days from the submissions of evidence in paragraph 5 above, and in any event by no later than 4pm on Thursday 20 November 2014.
7. The Application will be dealt with on paper.
8. The Claimant and the First, Second, Third and Fourth Defendants shall file and serve cost statements within 14 days from the submission of evidence in paragraph 6 above.
9. Liberty to apply.
Date of issue: 10 November 2014
The Dispute Resolution Authority and all its affiliates are committed to preserve the confidentiality, integrity and availability of client data and personal information.
Dispute Resolution Authority and all its affiliates employees, vendors, contract workers, shall follow Information Security Management System in all the processes and technology.