Claim No. CFI 004/2014
MS. SONIA GUETAT
MIRABAUD (MIDDLE EAST) LIMITED
ORDER MADE BY H.E. JUSTICE ALI AL MADHANI
UPON reviewing the Court file
AND UPONreading the Case Management Bundle
AND UPON hearing counsel at the Case Management Conference held on 12 January 2014
IT IS HEREBY ORDERED BY CONSENT THAT:
List of Issues
1. Adjacent to each paragraph of each witness statement, reply witness statement (if any) and skeleton argument, shall be inserted the issue or issues to which that paragraph relates as numbered in the agreed List of Issues. 2. This is to enable the Courts to understand to which of the agreed issues that paragraph relates.
Production of Documents
3. Standard production of documents to be made by each party on or before 29 January 2015 [RDC 2011 Rule 28.6] 4. Parties to file and serve any Request to Produce on or before 5 February 2015. [RDC 28.13]
5. Objections to Requests to Produce (if any) shall be filed and served within 7 days thereafter and in any event not later than 12 February 2015. [RDC 28. 16]
6. Where objections to any Requests to Produce have been made, the Court will determine those objections and will make any disclosure order within the following 14 days and in any event not later than 26 February 2015. [RDC 28.20]
7. The parties shall comply with the terms of any disclosure order within 37 days thereafter and in any event not later than 5 March 2015. [RDC 28.22]
8. Where there are no objections to a particular Request contained in a Request to Produce, documents responsive to that request shall be produced not later than 26 February 2015. [RDC 28.15] Witness Statements
9. Signed statements of witnesses of fact, and hearsay notices where required by [RDC 29.2 and 29.103 to 29.105 inclusive] to be exchanged following the close of the disclosure stage, and in any event not later than 19 March 2015.
10. Any Witness Statement evidence in reply to be filed and served within 1 week thereafter and in any event not later than 26 March 2015.
11. Unless otherwise ordered, Witness Statements are to stand as evidence in chief of the witness at trial. Pre-Trial Review
12. A pre-trial review is to be listed not before the 16 April 2015. [RDC 26.76 and 26.77]. Trial Bundles
13. Agreed trial bundles to be completed in accordance with Part 35 of the RDC and lodged by not later than 2 weeks before trial [RDC 35.33]. Reading List
14. A single reading list approved by all parties’ legal representatives for trial to be lodged with the Registry not later than 2 days before fixed trial date, together with an estimate of time required for reading. [RDC 35.50]. Skeleton Argument, Opening Statements and Chronology
15. Skeleton Arguments and Written Opening Statements to be served on all other parties and lodged with the Court – two days before the start of trial for the Claimant and one day before the start of trial for the Defendant. [RDC 35.61]
16. Parties to prepare a Chronology of significant events cross-referenced to significant documents, pleadings and witness statements to be agreed, insofar as possible, and to be filed 1 week before trial. [RDC 35.63]. Trial
17. The trial of this matter is to take place on 10 May 2015 with an estimated duration of 2 days. 18. Costs in the Case. 19. Liberty to apply.
Date: 18 January 2015
The Dubai International Financial Centre and all its affiliates are committed to preserve the confidentiality, integrity and availability of client data and personal information.
Dubai International Financial Centre and all its affiliates employees, vendors, contract workers, shall follow Information Security Management System in all the processes and technology.
The content of the DIFC Courts website is provided for information purposes only and should be disregarded when making decisions on inheritance and any other matters. Whilst every reasonable effort is made to make the information and commentary accurate and up to date, the DIFC Courts makes no warranties or representations to you as to the accuracy, authenticity or completeness of the content on this website, which is subject to change at any time without notice. The information and commentary does not, and is not intended to, constitute legal advice by the DIFC Courts or any person employed or connected with it or formerly so employed or connected, to any person on any matter, be it in relation to inheritance, succession planning or otherwise. You are strongly advised to obtain specific, personal advice from a suitably qualified lawyer in relation to your personal circumstances and your objectives. The DIFC Courts does not assume any liability and shall not be liable to you for any damages, including but not limited to, direct or indirect, special, incidental or consequential damages, losses or expenses arising in connection with this website, its administration and any content or lack thereof found on it. The information on this web site is not to be displayed except in full screen format. Although care has been taken to provide links to suitable material from this site, no guarantee can be given about the suitability, completeness or accuracy of any of the material that this site may be linked to or other material on the internet. The DIFC Courts cannot accept any responsibility for the content of material that may be encountered therein.