Claim No: CFI 022/2014
THE DUBAI INTERNATIONAL FINANCIAL CENTRE COURTS
IN THE COURT OF FIRST INSTANCE
SAMER HENRY TADROSS
LEVANT INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT LIMITED
(LEVANT CAPITAL LIMITED)
AMENDED CASE MANAGEMENT ORDER OF H.E. JUSTICE OMAR AL MUHAIRI
UPON reviewing the Court file
FURTHER TO the CMC order of H.E. Omar Al Muhairi issued on 19 October 2014
AND UPON parties failing to reach an agreement through alternative dispute resolution by 31 December 2014
IT IS HEREBY ORDERED BY CONSENT THAT:
List of Issues
1. Adjacent to each paragraph of each witness statement, reply witness statement (if any) and skeleton argument, shall be inserted the issue or issues to which that paragraph relates as numbered in the agreed List of Issues.
2. This is to enable the Courts to understand to which of the agreed issues that paragraph relates.
Production of Documents
3. Standard production of documents to be made by each party on or before 4 February 2015. [RDC 2014 Rule 28.15]
4. Parties to file and serve any Request to Produce on or before 11 February 2015. [RDC 28.16]
5. Objections to Requests to Produce (if any) shall be filed and served within 7 days thereafter and in any event not later than 18 February 2015. [RDC 28. 26]
6. Where objections to any Requests to Produce have been made, the Court will determine those objections and will make any document production order within the following 7 days and in any event not later than 25 February 2015. [RDC 28.38]
7. The parties shall comply with the terms of any document production order within 7 days thereafter and in any event not later than 4 March 2015. [RDC 28.42]
8. Where there are no objections to a particular Request contained in a Request to Produce, documents responsive to that request shall be produced within 7 days from the date of the Request to Produce, and in any event not later than 11 March 2015.
9. Signed statements of witnesses of fact, and hearsay notices where required are to be exchanged one week following the close of the disclosure stage and in any event not later than 18 March 2015.
10. Any witness statement evidence in reply to be filed and served within 2 weeks thereafter and in any event not later than 1 April 2015.
11. A pre-trial review is to be listed on 15 April 2015.
12. Agreed trial bundles to be completed in accordance with Part 35 of the RDC and lodged by not later than 2 weeks before trial [RDC 35.33].
13. A single reading list approved by all parties’ legal representatives for trial to be lodged with the Registry not later than 2 days before the fixed trial date, together with an estimate of time required for reading. [RDC 35.50].
Skeleton Argument, Opening Statements and Chronology
14. Skeleton Arguments and Written Opening Statements to be served on all other parties and lodged with the Court – two days before the start of trial for the Claimant and one day before the start of trial for the Defendant. [RDC 35.61]
15. Parties to prepare a Chronology of significant events cross-referenced to significant documents, pleadings and witness statements to be agreed, insofar as possible, and to be filed 1 week before trial. [RDC 35.63].
16. The trial of this matter is to take place on 12 May 2015 with an estimated duration of 3 days.
17. Costs in the Case.
18. Liberty to apply.
Date of issue: 19 January 2015
The Dispute Resolution Authority and all its affiliates are committed to preserve the confidentiality, integrity and availability of client data and personal information.
Dispute Resolution Authority and all its affiliates employees, vendors, contract workers, shall follow Information Security Management System in all the processes and technology.