Claim No. CFI 020/2014
THE DUBAI INTERNATIONAL FINANCIAL CENTRE COURTS
IN THE COURT OF FIRST INSTANCE
GFH CAPITAL LIMITED
DAVID LAWRENCE HAIGH
ORDER OF JUSTICE SIR DAVID STEEL
UPON reviewing the parties’ correspondence with the Court in relation to the above mentioned matter and the criminal proceedings before the Public Prosecution and Dubai Courts in case number 19856/2014
AND UPON reviewing the applications filed by way of letter by the Defendant in these proceedings since becoming a litigant in person
AND UPON noting the Claimant’s outstanding Application CFI-020-2014/3 dated 17 March 2015 seeking immediate judgment
IT IS HEREBY ORDERED THAT:
1. The Defendant’s request for a waiver of the applicable Court fees for the applications by way of letter seeking to release funds and vary the Freezing Order of the Deputy Chief Justice Sir John Chadwick dated 18 June 2014 filed subsequent to the Order of Justice Sir David Steel dated 28 June 2015 be denied.
2. The Defendant’s request for Justice Sir David Steel to recuse himself as the assigned judge to these proceedings be denied and referred to the Chief Justice for further consideration in conjunction with the various applications for leave to appeal (and waiver of fees in respect thereof).
3. The Claimant’s or Defendant’s legal representatives shall provide the Court with a copy of the Judgment relating to the criminal proceedings dated 25 August 2015 within 7 days of the date of this Order.
4. Olswang LLP, instructed on behalf of the Defendant, be provisionally entered into Part I of the Academy of Law’s Register of Practitioners for the sole purpose of representing the Defendant in these proceedings and be exempt of paying the applicable Court fees for such registration, subject to providing the required documents for the firm’s registration and the registration of practitioners within the firm.
5. The hearing of the Claimant’s application for immediate judgment listed for 8-10 September 2015 be vacated.
6. The parties shall inform the Court of their availability between 11 October 2015 and 10 December 2015 for a hearing of the Claimant’s application for immediate judgment within 7 days of the date of this Order.
7. The Defendant’s legal representatives shall confirm to the Court whether or not the Defendant wishes to proceed with his application by way of letter for a stay of these proceedings within 7 days of the date of this order.
Date of Issue: 31 August 2015
The Dispute Resolution Authority and all its affiliates are committed to preserve the confidentiality, integrity and availability of client data and personal information.
Dispute Resolution Authority and all its affiliates employees, vendors, contract workers, shall follow Information Security Management System in all the processes and technology.