Claim No: CFI-057-2018
THE DUBAI INTERNATIONAL FINANCIAL CENTRE COURTS
IN THE COURT OF FIRST INSTANCE
BASIN SUPPLY CORPORATION
(1) ROUGE LLC
(2) CLAUSE BARRET
ORDER OF JUDICIAL OFFICER NASSIR AL NASSER
UPON reviewing the Court file
AND UPON reading the Case Management Bundle
AND UPON reviewing the Rules of the DIFC Courts (“RDC”)
AND UPON hearing Counsel for the Claimant and Counsel for the Defendants at the Case Management Conference held before Judicial Office Nassir Al Nasser on Monday 26 November 2018
IT IS HEREBY ORDERED THAT:
Agreed List of Issues
1.Adjacent to each paragraph of each witness statement, reply witness statement (if any) and skeleton argument shall be inserted the issue or issues to which that paragraph relates as numbered in the Agreed List of Issues, in order for the Court to understand to which of the agreed issues that paragraph relates.
Production of Documents (RDC Part 28)
2.Standard production of documents shall be dispensed with.
3. Each party shall make any specific disclosure requests by way of lists of documents by 20 December 2018.
4. In respect of each such request, the requesting party shall explain why they believe the documents to be in the possession of the other party and the relevance of those documents to the issues in dispute.
5. Any party served with such a request shall provide a response to include any objection to such a request by 10 January 2019.
6. Any dispute arising from any objection served pursuant to paragraph 5, above, shall be determined by the Court on paper following written submission by the parties to be filed and exchanged within 7 days following an objection.
7. If no objection has been raised and/or the Court determines that any documents should be disclosed, such documents shall be produced by 17 January 2019.
Trial (RDC Part 35)
8. The trial of this matter shall be listed at 10am on 26-27 May 2019 with an estimated duration of 1 to 2 days.
Witness Statements (RDC Part 29)
9. There shall be simultaneous exchange of Witness Statements in support of the Claimant’s case and the Defendants’ case at 4pm on 26 February 2019.
10. Any Witness Statement evidence in reply shall be filed and served by 4pm on 12 March 2019.
11. Unless otherwise ordered, Witness Statements shall stand as evidence in chief of the witness at trial.
Expert Reports (RDC Part 31)
12. Each party has liberty to file a written brief on the following UAE law issues, within three weeks of the close of witness evidence, and in any event by no later than 2 April 2019:
13. whether the Promissory Note is valid and binding in terms of applicable UAE law.
Progress Monitoring Date (RDC Part 26)
14. The Progress Monitoring Date shall be listed at 2pm on 9 April 2019.
15. The parties shall file and serve a Progress Monitoring Information Sheet at least three clear days before progress monitoring date and in any event by no later than 4pm on 4 April 2019.
Trial Bundles (RDC Part 35)
16. Agreed trial bundles shall be filed and served no later than 2 weeks before trial and in any event by no later than 4pm on 16 May 2019.
Reading List and Trial Timetable (RDC Part 35)
17. An agreed reading list for trial along with an estimate of time required for reading and an estimated timetable for trial shall be filed with the Court by the Claimant no later than two clear days before trial and in any event by no later than 4pm on 21 May 2019.
Skeleton Argument and Chronology (RDC Part 35)
18. Skeleton Arguments and Written Opening Statements shall be filed and served two clear days before the start of trial and in any event by no later than 4pm on 21 May 2019.
19. The parties shall prepare an agreed Chronology of significant events cross-referenced to significant documents, pleadings and witness statements which shall be filed with the Court by the Claimant by no later than 4pm on 21 May 2019. In the event that there are areas of disagreement, the Chronology shall include an agreed Chronology and a Chronology of events which are disputed, with the parties’ respective positions outlined therein.
20. Costs of the Case Management Conference shall be costs in the case.
21. The parties shall have liberty to apply.
Ayesha Bin Kalban
Date of issue: 28 November 2018
The Dubai International Financial Centre and all its affiliates are committed to preserve the confidentiality, integrity and availability of client data and personal information.
Dubai International Financial Centre and all its affiliates employees, vendors, contract workers, shall follow Information Security Management System in all the processes and technology.
The content of the DIFC Courts website is provided for information purposes only and should be disregarded when making decisions on inheritance and any other matters. Whilst every reasonable effort is made to make the information and commentary accurate and up to date, the DIFC Courts makes no warranties or representations to you as to the accuracy, authenticity or completeness of the content on this website, which is subject to change at any time without notice. The information and commentary does not, and is not intended to, constitute legal advice by the DIFC Courts or any person employed or connected with it or formerly so employed or connected, to any person on any matter, be it in relation to inheritance, succession planning or otherwise. You are strongly advised to obtain specific, personal advice from a suitably qualified lawyer in relation to your personal circumstances and your objectives. The DIFC Courts does not assume any liability and shall not be liable to you for any damages, including but not limited to, direct or indirect, special, incidental or consequential damages, losses or expenses arising in connection with this website, its administration and any content or lack thereof found on it. The information on this web site is not to be displayed except in full screen format. Although care has been taken to provide links to suitable material from this site, no guarantee can be given about the suitability, completeness or accuracy of any of the material that this site may be linked to or other material on the internet. The DIFC Courts cannot accept any responsibility for the content of material that may be encountered therein.