Claim No: CFI–029-2018
THE DUBAI INTERNATIONAL FINANCIAL CENTRE COURTS
IN THE COURT OF FIRST INSTANCE
THE INDUSTRIAL GROUP LTD
ABDELAZIM EL SHIKH EL FADIL HAMID
ORDER OF JUDICIAL OFFICER MAHA AL MEHAIRI
UPON reviewing the Court file
AND UPON reading the Case Management Bundle
AND UPON reviewing the Rules of the DIFC Courts (“RDC”)
AND UPON hearing Counsel for the Claimant and Counsel for the Defendant at the Case Management Conference held before Judicial Officer Maha Al Mehairi on 29 January 2019
IT IS HEREBY ORDERED THAT:
1.The Claimant have leave until 12 February 2018 to amend its Particulars of Claim to:
(a) delete the allegations of negligence in paragraphs 41 to 47;
(b) further particularise the allegations of breach of contractual duties and fiduciary duties in paragraphs 22 to 26; and
(c) delete the claim for return of computer and other assets (cf paragraphs 48 to 51);
2. The Defendant have leave within 28 days from service on him of the Claimant’s Amended Particulars of Claim to amend his Defence and Counter-Claim, such Amended Defence and Counter-Claim to comply with Part 17 of the Rules of Court;
3. The Claimant have leave within 14 days from service upon it of the Defendant’s Amended Defence and Counter-Claim to amend its Defence to the Amended Counter-Claim and Reply to the Defendant’s Amended Defence;
4. The Defendant have leave within 14 days from service upon it of the Claimant’s Amended Defence to the Amended Counter-Claim (if any) to amend its Reply to such Amended Defence;
5. The parties make standard production of documents within 14 days of the close of pleadings;
6. Any party wishing to make a request of the other party to produce documents make such request within 14 days of completion of standard production in accordance with paragraph 6 hereof; and
7. The Case Management Conference to be re-convened at a later date most convenient to the Court.
8. Costs of the Case Management Conference shall be costs in the case.
9. The parties shall have liberty to apply.
Ayesha Bin Kalban
Date of issue: 31 January 2019
The Dispute Resolution Authority and all its affiliates are committed to preserve the confidentiality, integrity and availability of client data and personal information.
Dispute Resolution Authority and all its affiliates employees, vendors, contract workers, shall follow Information Security Management System in all the processes and technology.