November 01, 2020 Arbitration - Orders
Claim No.ARB XX/2020
THE DUBAI INTERNATIONAL FINANCIAL CENTRE COURTS
IN THE COURT OF FIRST INSTANCE
ORDER OF THE REGISTRAR NOUR HINEIDI
UPON the Claimant’s Application Notice filed on 22 October 2020 (“Application 1”) asking the Court to issue expedited timelines with respect to the disposal of the proceedings in ARB-027-2020
AND UPON the Claimant’s Application Notice filed on 27 October 2020 (“Application 2”) for a committal order
AND UPON the Certificate of Service in respect of Application 2 being filed by the Claimant on the eRegistry portal on 1 November 2020
AND UPON reviewing the relevant documents recorded on the Court file
IT IS HERBEY ORDERED THAT:
1. Application 1 is granted.
2. The procedural timeline for the progression of the declaratory relief component in case ARB-027-2020 is truncated as below.
3. The Defendant must file and serve its:
(a) Acknowledgment of Service by 12.00pm on Tuesday, 3 November 2020; and
(b) Evidence in Answer by 4pm on Sunday, 8 November 2020.
4. In the event the Defendant fails to meet any of the deadlines set out at paragraph 2, above, the Claimant’s Part 8 Claim will be immediately progressed to hearing without the Defendant’s input.
5. Should the Claimant wish to file Evidence in Reply with respect to the Defendant’s Evidence in Answer, it must do so by 12pm on Wednesday, 11 November 2020.
6. Skeletons and ebundles of both parties must be filed and exchanged by 4pm on Saturday, 14 November 2020.
7. The hearing in ARB-027-2020 is to be listed in the week commencing 15 November 2020 on a date convenient to the Court.
8. With respect to Application 2, the Defendant must file and serve its Response to Application 2 by 12.00pm on Thursday, 5 November 2020.
9. Should the Claimant wish to file a Reply to the Defendant’s Response with respect to Application 2, it must do so by 12pm on Tuesday, 10 November 2020.
10. Skeletons and ebundles of both parties must be filed and exchanged by 4pm on Saturday, 14 November 2020.
11. The hearing for Application 2 is to be listed in the week commencing 15 November 2020 on a date convenient to the Court.
12. The Claimant must serve the Defendant with a Copy of this Order before 12.00pm on Monday, 2 November 2020 and a Certificate of Service is to be filed on the eRegistry portal immediately thereafter.
Date of Issue: 1 November 2020
For better web experience, please use the website in portrait mode