February 06, 2023 Court of Appeal - Orders
Claim No: CA 011/2022
THE DUBAI INTERNATIONAL FINANCIAL CENTRE COURTS
IN THE COURT OF APPEAL
SBM BANK (MAURITIUS) LTD
(1) RENISH PETROCHEM FZE
(2) MR HITESHKUMAR CHINUBHAI MEHTA
ORDER OF CHIEF JUSTICE ZAKI AZMI
UPON the application filed by the Respondent dated 25 August 2022 by way of a Draft Order (the “Draft Order”)
AND UPON the Respondent having re-filed the Draft Order by way of Application No. CA-011-2022/2 dated 12 October 2022 as directed by the Registry (the “EOT Application”)
AND UPON reviewing the Consent Order dated 14 October
AND UPON reviewing the Appellants’ submissions in answer to the Draft Order dated 8 September 2022 (the "Response")
AND UPON reviewing the Respondent’s reply to the Response dated 15 September 2022 (the "Reply")
AND UPON the Order of Chief Justice Zaki Azmi dated 18 August 2022 granting the Appellants permission to appeal on the condition that the Appellants pay security for costs
AND UPON reviewing all the relevant Court file
IT IS ORDERED THAT:
1. The EOT Application is granted.
2. The deadline for the Respondent to file its Respondent’s Notice (including application for permission to cross-appeal) pursuant to RDC 44.75 and 44.79 shall be extended to 28 days after the date on which security for costs is paid into Court by the Appellants.
3. The deadline for the Respondent to file its Skeleton Argument for the appeal pursuant to RDC 44.84 shall be extended to 21 days after the date on which the Respondent has filed its Respondent's Notice.
4. There shall be no order as to costs.
Date of issue: 6 February 2023