May 10, 2022 court of first instance - Orders
Claim No. CFI 005/2021
THE DUBAI INTERNATIONAL FINANCIAL CENTRE COURTS
IN THE COURT OF FIRST INSTANCE
(1) ANOOP KUMAR LAL
(2) PAUL PATRICK HENNESSY
ORDER OF THE REGISTRAR NOUR HINEIDI
UPON the Claimants’ Application No. CFI-005-2021/7 issued on 5 April 2022 for an Order pursuant to RDC Part 19 and consequential changes to the procedural timetable (the “Application”)
AND UPON the Claimants’ letter to the Registrar dated 5 April 2022 seeking an expedited hearing of the Application
AND UPON the Defendant’s letter dated 11 April 2022 seeking directions, including that substantive witness evidence in the proceedings be exchanged before the determination of the Application
AND UPON the Registrar on 18 April 2022 directing that the filing of the Defendant’s evidence in response to the Application is stayed pending the outcome of the directions hearing on 20 April 2022 (the “Stay”)
AND UPON the directions hearing held before the Registrar on 20 April 2022 (the “Directions Hearing”)
AND UPON hearing Counsel for the Claimants and Counsel for the Defendant at the Directions Hearing
IT IS HEREBY ORDERED THAT:
1. The Stay is lifted.
2. The Defendant shall file and serve the evidence in answer to the Application by 4pm on 25 April 2022.
3. The Claimants shall file and serve their evidence in response (if any) by 4pm on 3 May 2022.
4. The Application shall be listed for a hearing before the Registrar at 10am on 26 May 2022 with a time estimate of 2 hours.
5. The Claimants shall file and serve an agreed hearing bundle by 4pm on 18 May 2022.
6. The parties shall file and exchange skeleton arguments by 2pm on 24 May 2022.
7. All other procedural steps in the proceedings are stayed pending the determination of the Application.
8. The costs of the Directions Hearing are in the Application
Date of issue: 10 May 2022
For better web experience, please use the website in portrait mode