May 04, 2021 court of first instance - Orders
Claim No. CFI 033/2017
THE DUBAI INTERNATIONAL FINANCIAL CENTRE COURTS
IN THE COURT OF FIRST INSTANCE
BANKMED (SAL) TRADING IN THE DIFC UNDER THE TRADE NAME BANKMED (DUBAI)
(1) FAST TELECOM GENERAL TRADING LLC
(2) ALI MOHAMMED SALEM ABU ADAS
(3) MOHAMMED JAWDAT AYESH MUSTAFA AL BARGUTHI
(4) SAIF SAEED SULAIMAN MOHAMED AL MAZROUEI
(5) IBRAHIM SAIF HORMODI
(6) AHMED ABDEL KADER HAMDAN ZAHRAN
AMENDED ORDER OF THE REGISTRAR NOUR HINEIDI
UPON reviewing the Third Defendant’s Application No. CFI-033-2017/19 dated 11 February 2021 requesting permission to instruct a barrister and for an extension of time to comply with the Order of the Registrar dated 21 January 2021 (the “Application”)
AND UPON an email from Andrew Massey of Baker McKenzie, to the Registry, dated 15 February 2021 timed 12.45pm
AND UPON the Order of the Registrar Nour Hineidi dated 21 January 2021, reissued on 16 February 2021 (the “Order of the Registrar”)
AND UPON the Order of the Registrar Nour Hineidi dated 16 February 2021
AND UPON exercising the Court’s general case management powers set out in Part 4 of the Rules of the DIFC Court (“RDC”)
AND UPON considering the operation of Part 37 of the RDC and in particular RDC 37.3(2)
IT IS HEREBY ORDERED THAT:
1. The Application is granted.
2. Paragraph 3 of the Order of the Registrar is amended to read:
“The Third Defendant has 30 days following receipt of the Claimant’s evidence to file and serve evidence in reply”.
3. The Third Defendant may appoint a barrister in the absence of a Part 1 Registered Practitioner Firm to act as an advocate, on his behalf, for a hearing.
4. No order as to costs.
Date of issue: 4 May 2021
For better web experience, please use the website in portrait mode