May 16, 2023 COURT OF FIRST INSTANCE - ORDERS
Claim No. CFI 051/2017
THE DUBAI INTERNATIONAL FINANCIAL CENTRE COURTS
IN THE COURT OF FIRST INSTANCE
GLOBEMED GULF HEALTHCARE SOLUTIONS LLC
OMAN INSURANCE COMPANY PSC
ORDER OF H.E. JUSTICE SHAMLAN AL SAWALEHI
UPON the pre-trial review held on 4 April 2023 (the “Pre-Trial Review”)
AND UPON the Defendant reserving its right to challenge at Trial the validity and appropriateness of the redactions to the documents exhibited to the Fourth Witness Statement of Ms Patricia Atallah Aoun dated 29 March 2023
AND UPON the Claimant reserving its right to challenge at Trial the completeness and appropriateness of the Defendant’s production of documents on which the exhibits to Mr Burrows’ expert report are based
IT IS HEREBY ORDERED BY CONSENT THAT:
1. The first day of the trial shall be heard virtually on 18 May 2023.
2. The remaining scheduled trial days shall be held in person.
3. The parties will agree and file the trial bundles as follows:
(1) The Defendant will provide its comments on the bundle index by no later than 4pm on 5 April 2023;
(2) The Claimant will prepare and upload the bundle for pagination by no later than 4pm on 18 April 2023;
(3) The Defendant will provide the Claimant with cross-referenced copies of its witness statements and (if necessary) expert reports as soon as practicable after 18 April 2023 and in any event by no later than 10am on 1 May 2023;
(4) The Claimant will upload replacement cross-referenced witness statements and (if necessary) expert reports as soon as practicable after 18 April 2023 and in any event by 4pm on 4 May 2023.
4. The parties are permitted to each serve a written opening of up to 40 pages in length.
5. The parties shall file and exchange written openings for the trial by no later than 4pm on 5 May 2023.
6. The Claimant shall file an agreed proposed reading list and chronology by no later than 4pm on 12 May 2023.
7. Costs shall be costs in the case.
Date of issue: 16 May 2023