January 11, 2022 court of first instance - Orders
Claim No. CFI 070/2018
THE DUBAI INTERNATIONAL FINANCIAL CENTRE COURTS
IN THE COURT OF FIRST INSTANCE
IDBI BANK LIMITED
(1) MABANI DELMA GENERAL CONTRACTING CO LLC
(2) DELMA ENGINEERING PROJECTS COMPANY LLC
(3) DELMA EMIRATES DIESEL
(4) DELMA EMIRATES GENERAL TRANSPORT
(5) AHMED KHALIL KHALED ALMERAIKHI
(6) SHERIFA AHMED KHALIL KHALED ALMERAIKHI
(7) MARIAM AHMED KHALED ALMERAIKHI
ORDER OF JUSTICE SIR PETER GROSS
UPON the Note and Directions of Justice Sir Peter Gross dated 28 December 2021
AND UPON the Case Management Conference held before Justice Sir Peter Gross on 10 January 2022 with the Claimant’s counsel and Defendants’ solicitor in attendance
IT IS HEREBY ORDERED THAT:
1. The Defendants’ evidence in answer for the Unless Order Application to be filed by 4pm UAE time on Thursday, 20 January 2022.
2. The Claimant’s evidence in reply for the Unless Order Application to be filed by 4pm UAE time on Tuesday, 1 February 2022.
3. The parties shall file an agreed Case Memorandum and List of Issues by 4pm UAE time on Monday, 7 February 2022.
4. The Claimant’s and the Defendants’ E-Bundles, covering the Combined Applications, are to be filed on the Court’s Registry portal on 12pm UAE time on Thursday, 10 February 2022.
5. The E-Bundles for the Combined Applications’ Hearing are to include all Legislation (including any Rules of the DIFC Courts), Authorities relied upon by the parties and all previous DIFC Courts’ Orders in these matters.
6. The parties are to file single Skeleton Arguments by 9am UAE time on Saturday, 12 February 2022. The maximum length of each party’s Skeleton Argument is not to exceed 35 pages in total, with min. font size 12 and min. spacing 1.5.
7. The parties are to file an agreed timetable for the Combined Applications’ Hearing by 4pm UAE time on Wednesday, 12 January 2022. If the parties failed to reach an agreement, the Court will determine the timetable.
8. The Combined Applications’ Hearing is listed for 9am to 3pm GMT time on Tuesday, 15 February 2022 and Wednesday, 16 February 2022.
9. Paragraphs 10 – 11, 14 – 15 and 15 – 19 of the Agreed Amended Case Management Order dated 10 June 2021 are hereby set aside.
Date of issue: 11 January 2022
For better web experience, please use the website in portrait mode