May 11, 2023 SCT - JUDGMENTS AND ORDERS
Claim No: SCT 164/2023
THE DUBAI INTERNATIONAL FINANCIAL CENTRE COURTS
IN THE SMALL CLAIMS TRIBUNAL
ORDER WITH REASONS OF SCT JUDGE MAITHA ALSHEHHI
UPON this claim having been called for a consultation before SCT Judge Maitha AlShehhi on 11 May 2023 with the Claimant and the Defendant in attendance
AND PURSUANT TO Rule 4.12 of the Rules of the DIFC Courts
IT IS HEREBY ORDERED THAT:
1. The Defendant’s name in this claim shall be amended to “Mohani.”
2. The case title shall be amended to reflect the parties’ names as set out above.
SCT Judge and Assistant Registrar
Date of issue: 11 May 2023
SCHEDULE OF REASONS
1. This claim relates to an employment dispute between the Claimant and Mohani. The Claim Form dated 27 April 2023 in this matter appears to name the Defendant in this claim to be Mohani. In review of the Claim Form and the documents filed in support of it, it appears that the Claimant, upon filing the Claim Form, erroneously included the name of a representative of a different company as the Defendant.
2. The error made by the Claimant within the Claim Form is a common one and can be attributed to the nature of the Small Claims Tribunal (the “SCT”) insofar as litigants are self-represented, with legal representation being permitted on a conditional basis only subject to authorisation being granted by a judge of the SCT. The SCT’s practice in these circumstances is for the judge presiding over the consultation or hearing to discover an error of incorrectly named litigants or parties and recommend that the parties be correctly spelled going forward. I have determined that this order be made of my own initiative, to save time and avoid any delay in issuing the judgment.
3. Therefore, it is hereby ordered that the Defendant’s name in this claim shall be amended to “Mohani.”.