January 12, 2022 Technology and construction division - Orders
Claim No. TCD 009/2020
THE DUBAI INTERNATIONAL FINANCIAL CENTRE COURTS
IN THE COURT OF FIRST INSTANCE
FIVE REAL ESTATE DEVELOPMENT LLC
REEM EMIRATES ALUMINUM LLC
ORDER OF JUSTICE LORD ANGUS GLENNIE
UPON reviewing the Defendant’s Application No. TCD-009-2020/12 dated 5 December 2021 seeking the Court’s permission to amend its particulars of counterclaim originally filed on 3 February 2021 (the “Amendment Application”)
AND UPON reviewing the Claimant’s evidence in answer to the Amendment Application dated 20 December 2021
AND UPON reviewing the Defendant’s evidence in reply dated 26 December 2021
AND UPON reviewing the Claimant’s Application No. TCD-009-2020/13 dated 3 January 2022 for extension and/or retrospective extension of time to file and serve its Reply Witness Statement dated 19 December 2021 (the “Extension Application”)
IT IS HEREBY ORDERED THAT:
1. The Claimant’s Extension Application is granted to serve its Witness Statement out of time.
2. The Defendant’s Amendment Application is granted to amend its counterclaim.
3. The Claimant shall have 14 days from the date of the amendment to make any amendments in response
4. Both parties shall be at liberty to apply to alter the dates fixed in the Case Management Order of 18 November to the extent that difficulties in complying with the dates in that Order are caused by the introduction of the Defendant's amendment
5. The Defendant shall pay the costs of the Amendment Application, and of the amendment, to be assessed by the Registrar on the ordinary basis if not agreed.
Date of issue: 12 January 2022
For better web experience, please use the website in portrait mode