April 09, 2018 Practice Directions
IN THE DUBAI INTERNATIONAL FINANCIAL CENTRE COURTS
PRACTICE DIRECTION NO. 1 OF 2018
DIFC Courts E-Bundles – Trial Period
This Practice Direction will come into effect on the date of signature. It may be cited as Practice Direction 1 of 2018 – DIFC Courts E-Bundles – Trial Period and may be abbreviated to PD 1/2018.
1. As of 10 April 2018, parties are encouraged to submit their trial bundles (see Part 35 of the Rules of the DIFC Courts – RDC) through the DIFC Courts online e-bundles portal, available at: https://eregistry.difccourts.ae/Account/Login.
2. The associated fees will be payable to a third party viz Caselines which will be available at the latter’s webpage at the following link: https://difccourts.caselines.com.
3. As Caselines is a third party, the DIFC Courts will not be responsible for the delivery of the e-bundles service. Parties which have problems with the service may contact Caselines support team at: https://support.caselines.co.uk.
4. The DIFC Courts (Caselines) e-bundles portal will be available to parties on a trial basis, until 1 January 2019, when it is envisaged that e-bundles will become compulsory after a period of public consultation.
5. Parties are reminded that the late submission of bundles may incur late filing penalties. In this regard they are referred to DIFC Courts Practice Direction No. 3 of 2017.
6. Parties are encouraged to refer to the General Guidelines for Electronic Bundles in the DIFC Courts. https://www.difccourts.ae/difc-courts/e-bundle
Chief Justice of the DIFC Courts
Dated: 9 April 2018